1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ranger/Cleric solo

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'm soloing a Ranger/Cleric with 18/99str, 18dex, 18con, 8int, 16wis, and 12cha. Decent enough stats, but I want to keep him in Studded Leather because of the hide in shadows. Only problem is my AC is only -1. I'm at the cloakwoods, so that isn't going to get me very far. Is there a way to pump down that AC(I can't use Rings of Protection because I've got Studded Leather +2 from Sendai). I keep having to switch from my Leather to my Full Plate. That's not that big of a deal, but I'd still like to get a lower AC with the Leather.

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] what about Dritz's chainmail, doesn't that have a better AC than studded leather+2

3. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No. By killing drizzt, he will lose his rangerhood and become fallen.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

ooops. Does it show that ivew never played as a ranger?? Well, i had minsc in my party once, but i was always good (Reputation normally between 15 and 20), it just makes the game easier (in times of low cash and needing to buy stuff)

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

[​IMG] Also, besides losing my Rangerhood, I wouldn't even want chainmail because I couldn't use my hide in shadows ability. The best a Ranger can wear and still use his ability is Studded Leather. Anyone else?

6. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I thought that Drizzt's Mithril Chain still allowed rangers to stealth. But I haven't played as a ranger in a long, long while.

7. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Unless the Mithril Mail has magic that can let a Ranger hide with it on, it won't work. The best is Studded Leather.

8. psychopunk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I do know that bards can pickpockets and fighter/theives can use all their skills while wearing that pansy elf's mail. Never tried a ranger, but I assume that his stealth skill would work. If your rep is 20, don't you only get -10 for killing an innocent? It should be safe to murder him without becoming fallen.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Jee, well that'd be roleplaying :rolleyes:
    Don't worry about AC much, just keep changing armor whn you need to

10. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I've got studded leather +4 but i can't remember where i got it. It might have been at the bandit camp or cloakwood/cloakwood mines.

It might also be a DSoTSC coz there are loads of items/weapons/armours that i am finding now that i dont remember from previous non-DSoTSC games (crystal armour&crystal helmet for example, which was carried by one of the thugs outside cloakwood mines)

11. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I hate people who kill Drizzt.

12. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Can you not wear a helmet? That would drop your AC by at least 1 point (excluding standard non-magical helms)

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Correction: Helmets do not lower your AC. All they do is protect you from critical attacks. Thats all they do, apart from looking good unless of course, the helmet is imbued with magical properties.

EDIT:
    Sorry, didn't see the excluded part there in your post. It depends on the helm, the helm of infravision doesn't lower ones AC.

[ November 11, 2002, 13:26: Message edited by: Sniper ]

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Drizzt's chainmail is a elven chain, but you can still not cast spells.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.