1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Re "Help Me!", "I'm stuck" etc

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nathan, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Nathan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Before the administrators converge on this topic with vengenance (or when!!), let me continue. I agree with their policy of having specific titles for posts. I've spent some time answering some I.T. questions on Yahoo chat (going back a bit!) and it's the most irriating thing anyone can do asking general questions & information (e.g. What's wrong with Internet Explorer, My floppy isn't working right, My verson of Windows isn't working etc) and then expecting people to help them out without a clue what they are on about. Get real. Put some thought into what you type!! I'm sure I'll get some backing for saying this.

[This message has been edited by Nathan (edited April 11, 2002).]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, but this doesn't belong in the Icewind Dale forum... moving.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Since you've posted here a whole 11 times, I don't see how you've been put out. If the subject is ambiguous, ignore the post. I have been here for a year and have found that this community works quite well. If a subject line is off topic, it is usually pointed out.

If you would be so kind as to point out the offending posts (and posters), it might be easier to understand how you arrived at this opinion.

Otherwise, here's a tissue. ;)

4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So...were you trying to make a point with YOUR horrible subject line?

The only reason I came here was because I honestly thought someone needed help or was asking about helping.

As to horrible subject lines, can you give us some examples from THIS page, or is this random babble?

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think you guys misunderstood Nathan. I think he was just generally complaining about lousy topic titles, and unspecific questions. Not here at SP specifically. He can't be complaining about these boards, because the majority of topics are specific and well put. The ones that aren't are corrected. That's the way I understood it, at least.

His topic title is alright too, I knew what he was getting at right away. Responding to phrases like "Help Me!" or "I'm stuck" and the like.

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Perhaps Nathan thought this was Yahoo Forum boards? But what the heck, let out your anger. We can take it here at SP :1eye:

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Actually I don't get pissed when I see a title like that.
    I just skip the thread!

If that poster needs help, there is a nice shrink around the corner.

If that poster is stuck, he'll sure call 911 or similar number in his/her area. I don't think he expects me to go over there and unstuck him.

Yea, I might be bad, but if someone can't shortly describe the point of his/her thread, I can't provide more than short part of the second to see his topic title.
    Especially I can't provide my braincells to see someone's post who can't use his/her own braincells to write down something more than two words that say - nothing.

Thanks to Tal and mods who deal such titles promptly so there is no that cr*p all over the SP boards.
    But if you ask me, I'd rather leave it so to such question (Q) posters can reply with answers (A):

Q: I'm stuck!
    A1: So what?
    A2: Me too.
    A3: Cast Free Action on yourself.
    A4: My foot is also stuck in *ahem*.

Q: Help me!
    A1: I can't.
    A2: I won't.
    A3: Start praying.
    A4: Go to some xxx sites, you'll find all help you need there.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

lol. Cast Free Action on yourself. Classic.

9. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Nathan - make us a list of all the acceptable topic titles for subjects in these categories:

1. Everything

Then we'll all know just what to type when we fill in that box with those beautiful words which mean so little to those who have not the time to expand this view by left-clicking...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.