1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Really big problem with Bhaal

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by buck, Jan 17, 2001.

1. buck Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay, I am going through the game, having a great time, kicking some butt and I get to the whol sequence where I drag Bhaal into Imoen and then proceed to utterly destroy him. All is going well until he dies...all that Imoen will say is the little speech on merging our will and Irenicus never arrives to bring me out of the sequence...I dont know if its related, but I didnt get a few quests (dont know if the one about the cleric with the orphan in the graveyard is random or not) and I still cant get into the Harper guild even though I have Jahiera. I am just wondering if anyone has had any of these problems or any like them? I have already installed the patch and I have no idea whats up, if I knew the variable I would just edit it with shadow keeper...(and I HATE cheating...)

2. Sorl Guest

Don't really know your problem, it may be a problem of correct sequence.
    I first talked to Imoen. She then told me to try to lead daddy in. As soon as he and I were back in again (Bhaal red), she gave her speech about merging wills, and then I really fought Bhaal. The fight ended without him really getting killed.

3. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

This dream sequence can glitch occasionally. If you reloaded your closest saved game and attempted it again without success then I am a bit amazed.

You may wish to reload, go find Bhaal immediately (before any Imoen conversation) and start hacking him up a bit. Of course you wont be able to destroy him but, keep at it until he's been at 'near death' for a few chops. Then run to the Gaurdian, lose a point of *whatever* and chat with Imoen. You may want to 'lure' Imoen closer to the entrance and then go back outside to lure Bhaal. -If he didn't follow you in that is. Make sure you are not invisible in any way.

When the gang is all near, attack Bhaal again. If you never receive the dialogue from Bhaal stating his demise and Imoen stating that it's not over... then dunno???

Re -Install? Btw, there are no 'earlier' quests related to this dream sequence that I have ever heard. I can't see how there could be. So it may be an install issue or the like.

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited January 17, 2001).]

4. buck Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, I THINK that I found the problem, I did a full install just to see if that would somehow solve anything (grasping for straws) and got an error message during the disc three install about movies not being correct and the file may be corrupt, so I am going to contact Interplay about it and see what happens, thanks for the help though.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Ahh, well just to let you know - I'm talking from personal experience. When I first purchased BG2 Col. Ed, I several errors when trying to install the game. I contacted Interplay and they gave me the standard rhetoric and was invited to 'return' the game to the place of purchase for exchange. I had planned on doing that anyway so I did. I also picked up some additional hardware at the time for my gaming PC and voila! My game could install and everything was beautiful from that point on.

So you may look forward to a trip to the point of purchase as well for the 'exchange' game routine.

6. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Totally off topic, but don't you think that Bhaal looked incredibly like Sarevok. Must be in the blood.

7. Great Annihilator Gems: 1/31

I don't know if you guys are experiencing "technical difficulties" or not but....

....in the book of the game Imoen dies twice...

...once as a Imoen/Bhaal incarnation and then as Bhaal himself. The whole issue of both games(BG 1 & 2)concerns the fact that Bhaal wishes to return to the Realms as a after his destrucion during the Gods War. He is attempting to do this through the Bhaal spawn(the God of Murder's offspring)Imoen is one of the Bhaal spawn.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.