1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Yulaw9460, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay, I have a party with rep 20 with Viconia, hence rep 18, right? So I start picking up evil characters. But then my rep is raised by 1 more through a quest reward. Evil characters start leaving, even though my rep cannot climb beyond 18, since Viconia is not the first to leave. She then leaves, and my rep is back to 20. Why is it that they start leaving, even though my rep is at max with Viconia in the party, and still small enough for having evil characters aboard? This really bugs me!!!
    Is there a way to prevent this BESIDES lowering my rep by killing civilians and the like in the streets???
    There are a lot of quests, where the rewards besides the +rep are too good to miss. I don´t want to miss out on exp and the like, but I don´t want to have to crawl around all of Amn and pick up evil characters every time I complete a quest!

2. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm curious to know which quests "aren't worth" the evil approach. And you seem to have answered your own question about dropping your reputation; just smack a local peasant around or get busted picking someone's pockets (preferably indoors, so all of Amn doesn't go hostile).

Your rep can go above 18 with Viconia in the party, it just won't be any higher when she joins. It just means that you will have to be smarter about managing your evil characters. Viconia's penalty is very useful in this respect, since you can effectively juggle your reputation.

If you know when you're going to get a quest reward, simply dump your evil characters before getting it and tell them to wait right there, right on the spot, for you to come back. When Viconia leaves, your rep goes up by 2. You then get the quest reward and the +X to reputation, which will be at 20 already, then go back and pick up your evil buddies.

So your evil friends will miss out on the XP rewards, but that's the price you pay to keep them around. They can't all be as loyal as you'd like.

3. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The most notable quest that isn't worth it as an evil character is the Druid Grove. Killing Adalon for her blood should be worth a lot more than what you get for it, and siding with Lehtinan instead of Hendak is no good either. The only time the game really balances it out is when you choose to side with vampires over shadow thieves.

This dearth of suitable "evil quests" is one of the main reasons I play the Valen mod from time to time. The way she handles negotiations in Ust Natha--priceless.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm playing an evil party and have no problem keeping my rep under 18. With an evil PC your rep starts low IIRC at 8. In some quests take the 'I want a reward' line and your rep won't rise. When you can become the Slayer your rep will drop by 2 every time you use it. But I haven't even had to use with this party. :evil:

5. hooterville Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For my taste, I think you are over emphasizing rep. I generally play through with a combined evil/good group and maintain a rep around "average" which seems to help keep everyone stable. I'd rather have a mixed group (Korgan with Minsc) than a high rep anyday.

The high rep reduces purchase price of store items, but BG isn't a difficult money game anyway. I just ended a TOB with $400,000 in gp.

6. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well though i am a evil person and i like being mean(the best part of the game was underdark for me!i could do whatever i wanted kill whoever i wanted and be as evil as never before :evil: ) i always choose to have a good party because i want to have the reputation discount.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@San Ti: Get the latest version of the Ease of Use mod. It has a component which gives you the same level of discount for being as low of rep. as possible...
    Same discount for rep. 1 as rep. 20.

8. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Also the latest version of ease of use has a component that stops evil party members from leaving your party when your reputation gets too high.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.