1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Resolution

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by happy1, Jan 25, 2002.

1. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What level do you guys play on?

I have mine set to the first unsupported level (1024x860?) and everything works fine.

The second level looks terrible as things are all the wrong size.

The 3rd level (1600x1200) is my favourite but the system crashes in the inventory screen and I have to restart BG.

I play other games in 1600x1200 without too many performance problems.

2. Black Rose Guest

800x600, anything else is really slow, which is ridiculous with the system I've got. Is the Infinity Engine just *really* slow in general?

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

1600*1200? Then you need a microscope to see where your character is...

You can play BG2 only at 640x480 or 800*600..... so you can't play on that resolution... Maybe it's your windows-resolution but in BG2 it will always switch back to 800*600

4. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sorry to disagree but you can unlock other resolutions in the graphics configuration page but they are not supported. (or so it says)

1600x1200 is really small but the detail looks great and you can see lots of the map.

5. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My New Year's Resolution is to be a more helpful person and try to change the world in a significant way. :p;):p

Oh you mean the 'other' res.

Mine is 800x600.

6. Kr0n0 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I play at 1024x860, it's not big neither small, it's the perfect size.

7. I run in 640*480, because that's all my system allows. Are there big performance loss when changing to another ? Never tried actually.

8. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I always ran it in 640x480, for about a year, because I thought my computer wouldn't handle it. One day I tried upping the res. to 800x600 on a whim. There was absolutely no performance degradation at all.
    Feeling adventurous, I tried 1024x860, again with no slowdown. However, I finally settled on 800x600.

9. Lord Sarevok Guest

Well, depends on the size of your monitor. When I first got BG2 I set it to 640x480 cause that's what I was used to in BG1, but later switched it to 800x600, my monitor is too tiny for anything larger, *if* my computer could support it at all.

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Usually, 800x600. ALthough after playing BG1, just for the heck of it, I did BG2 in 640x480.

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Anything above 1024x768 doesn't fill the whole screen. Your res. may be set at 16x12, but the picture won't go all the way across the screen. It's still at 1024x768, which is only a portion of the screen.

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I always play on 640*480 - I'm too used to playing with BG1 at that resolution ;) :D

13. Arwen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1024*860 in a window mode - it's the only way this thing works on my comp

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.