1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Revenge of the Imbecile Known as "Boo the Great"

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It has come to my attention that the banned imbecile by the name of Boo the Great (or something like that) started sending out mails to regulars of Sorcerer's Place and these boards. He abused a mail-relay service which is intended for pranks. This mail service allows one to change the mail headers so that mail can be seen as coming from whoever the sender specifies.

He has sent out abusive mails which looked like they came from various members of the SP staff, but I can assure you they did not. If you get any such threatening/abusive mail, you can check the source of the mail where you will be able to see that they were relayed by the aforementioned prank server and did not originate on SP.

Please take no notice of these mails and feel free to delete them. I have already contacted the prank mail relay site and am working with their abuse department, and I am also contacting the idiot's ISP to get them to shut down his account.

He will try to register and post here from more new accounts, probably using public computers. We will ban and close all such accounts as we see them, and report the abuse to the proper authorities. At any time please mail me or BTA if you see the idiot posting anything here.

An important thing is NOT to reply to any topics he makes here. They will all be deleted anyway and you would just be making it easier for him if you don't ignore him.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and for any mails that he sent out impersonating SP staff. This notification is to let everyone know I am aware of the situation and am working to solve it. Fear not, we will put an end to the childish behaviour of this illiterate fool soon enough.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I got an apology by mail stating that it wasn't really Boo who did this but some obscure Archer14 member... I don't think I believe that, but it doesn't really matter, as long as whoever it is stops doing it.
    Here's the apology, and it goes for all those he mailed as well, I guess:

Dear, tal

I am sorry for the imature joke i played on you and other members SP yesterday. I thought it over and i realized it was very childish of me. I never meant it to seem treatening or abusive and i can guarantee you that it wont happen again. I feel guilty for causeing you and anyone else any harm at all and i hope that it hasnt hurt you in any way. Again, i didnt mean it to be abusive. Just a harmless prank. And i am not lord boo or whatever.
    Just so you know i was Archer14 a long time ago. Again, you have my sincerest apologies.

Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.