1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Revered and Legendary Dragons

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, evidently Bethesda wasn't too happy with people walking around with their triple crafted equipment, kicking the crap out of even ancient dragons with ease. So, with the Dawnguard expansion, Bethesda said, "You want tougher dragons? Fine. Try these on for size."

It is with mixed feelings of happiness and sadness that I relate the following encounter I had with my first ever Legendary Dragon (which are apparently orange colored). I had already killed a Revered Dragon (bluish purple in color - hard to tell exactly at night), and it wasn't that bad. Yes, it had a LOT more health - it took four power attacks dual wielding to take it down, and the one time it bit me it took about half of my health, but overall not so bad.

The Legendary Dragons are tough. A little background to put this in context. My character is level 71, with 500 health, and dragonbone weapons that do about 300 damage per pop (and I don't have the 5th perk yet in either Armsman or Overdraw). I'm at the armor cap. So this Legendary Dragon - he doesn't fly around trying to hit me with his breath weapon, he lands right next to me, as if to say, "Let's go!".

The first thing I noticed was that my dual wielded power attack only took about 15%-20% of his life away. At first, I think, no big deal. I'll have to do about 6 power attacks on him, and he's dead. Then he bit me. He slivered my health bar in one hit. I don't know the exact amount of damage he did, but the "Avoid Death" perk immediately kicked in. So, with 80% damage resistance, he did upwards of 450 damage to me. That means the base damage of that attack is well in excess of 2000, possibly approaching 2500. Also of note, since power attacks do double damage, and my weapons hit for about 300 each, a power attack is about 600, and with two of them that's 1200. As I needed at least 5 possibly 6 power attacks to take it down (I was a little busy to make an accurate count), that also means that Legendary Dragons come equipped with 6000+ health.

If the fight lasted about another 5-10 seconds longer than it did, I would have died. Because every time I got hit, I had to spam health potions like there was no tomorrow, and I was running low by the end of the fight. Legendary Dragons must be a real joy to fight if you have 400ish health or less - they would one-shot you even if you were at the armor cap. So to everyone who said dragons should be harder.... Happy now?

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sounds like a move to balance melee and ranged. Melee does a lot more damage but you run the risk of being bitten in half now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.