1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Robert Jordan's A New Spring Comic to Ship in July

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This just in:

RED EAGLE ENTERTAINMENT PARTNERS WITH DABEL BROTHERS PRODUCTION

Red Eagle Entertainment joins with popular comic book studio to bring Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time™ prequel to comics and graphic novels

Red Eagle Entertainment, LLC™ announced today that they have formed a production partnership with comic book studio Dabel Brothers Production (DB Pro) to bring internationally and critically acclaimed author Robert Jordan’s New Spring: The Novel, the prequel to his epic bestselling The Wheel of Time™ series, to the world of comic books and graphic novels.

“We are very enthusiastic about our collaboration with Dabel Brothers Production,” said Rick Selvage, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Red Eagle Entertainment. “We have enjoyed the work we’ve seen from the Dabel Brothers thus far and we’re looking forward to building a long-term relationship with them to bring this story to a broad new audience through the visually-powerful medium of comic books and graphic novels.”

Red Eagle Entertainment, a company dedicated to building global value in entertainment franchises through a comprehensive program of brand management and licensing, holds the worldwide film and television distribution rights to Robert Jordan’s The Eye of the World, as well as ancillary rights. Red Eagle Entertainment intends to expand Jordan’s already passionate fan base with a tightly-linked combination of quality entertainment programming coupled with a wide assortment of licensed products and branded merchandise.

The first of these products will be a line of monthly comic books and graphic novels based around Jordan’s recent bestselling prequel to the series, which will also serve as Red Eagle Entertainment’s debut into the comic book industry under the Red Eagle Publishing brand.

The comic book adaptation, tentatively titled The Wheel of Time: New Spring, will be cowritten by Robert Jordan and comic book veteran Chuck Dixon (writer, Batman, Nightwing, Savage Sword of Conan, writer/creator, Way of the Rat, adapter, The Hobbit, 2002). It will feature art by Mike S. Miller ( Justice League of America, Wolverine, Adventures of Superman, The Hedge Knight) with colors by Étienne St. Laurent, letters by Dave Lanphear of Artmonkeys, and book design by Lithium Pro Design.

“We’re dedicated to ensuring this book is consistent both with the vision of Robert Jordan and the imagination of his fans,” said Les Dabel, Vice President and New Business Director for Dabel Brothers Production. “We’ve had great success in the past with other properties, and we feel that we’ve settled into an excellent groove for producing top-notch books on a monthly schedule. Red Eagle Entertainment will bring enormous resources and broad experience to the table to help promote and produce this title properly, and we are excited about our partnership with them.”

The launch of the comic book adaptation of New Spring is planned for this July at the Comic-Con International convention in San Diego, where Robert Jordan will serve as the guest of honor. In the future, further information and announcements regarding the comic book and graphic novel versions of New Spring will be available at www.red-eagleentertainment.com and at major websites maintained by fans of Robert Jordan and The Wheel of Time series.

---

Click on the links to check out a great piece of New Spring art and a cool trailer. You can also go to Newsarama (one of the three biggest comic book news websites) and comment on the news there, which will show the comic book retailers that New Spring is a hot item for them to have on their shelves. CBR has also posted an interview with Jordan today, featuring some more art from the comic.

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

This is fantastic....just watched that trailer -- the graphics are outstanding and the music is a must have. Watching those scenes brought Jordan's work right back -- I could see all the characters and the hordes coming across the plains....can't wait to get my hands on this!

Thanks for posting this! :D

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well now I've seen everything. A trailer for a comic book. Huh.

It does look pretty nice though. Definitely something I'll have to keep an eye out for.

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I wonder if it'll be better than the novel itself was...

I mean, I liked the book and all, but it wasn't up to the standards set by the "good" half of the Wheel of Time. It was a lot better than Crossroads, though. Not that that's saying much ;)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    An interview went up on The Pulse on Chuck Dixon, who is co-writing with Robert Jordan, Mike Miller who is doing the drawing, and Les Dabel. There is also some new Wheel of Time artwork you can check out.

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

My immediate reaction was to think that Jordan is pushing out yet another product to make money and reaping the Wheel of Time for all he can get. I disliked it when he started resurrecting the bad guys in the middle of the series and wish he'd concentrate on getting the final story together rather than making prequels (I haven't read it yet but I sincerely hope it's better than the Goodkind prequel).

The artwork does look pretty good but despite that, I don't see myself buying it. A movie, animated or otherwise, on the other hand...

7. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] A new interview with Les Dabel is available at Newsarama.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Just got a few more tidbits regarding this...

If you go to http://csls.diamondcomics.com/ you can quickly locate a comic store close to you (in the US or Canada) where you can pre-order the New Spring comic ("MAY05 2918" ROBERT JORDANS NEW SPRING #1 / Red Eagle Publishing).

Here's the New Spring Cover for you to check out.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I only jus watched the trailer and I have to say that it doesn't look too shabby :)

I read the book a few months back, so it should be interesting to see how it looks in comic book form.

10. Taluntain

Media:
  11. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Whyyyyyyy can't Jordan just finish the damn series? I mean, I've been thinking the Last Battle scene was just around the corner since book#7 or so. So personally, I'm a little disillusioned. I've got no problem with him writing prequels, but can't he write the end of the series first?! IMO, it's a cheap trick to keep fans buying the books. Booo.

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I couldn't get past the first hundred pages of this book...I'm still waiting for the next in line of the series. Despite the fact I've been reading them for just over 10 years and there is no end in sight!!!

The art does look pretty cool though - but my comic book buying days are well over.

13. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ugh Jordan has dragged this thing on and on and then on at bit more...just hurry up and finish the damn thing both New Spring and Crossroads were dogs. Damn dirty dogs. Damn I'm all in a huff now.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] 6 page preview of issue #2 of New Spring: click here

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.