1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

(roleplay question) Kensai/Sorcerers

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by casey, Dec 31, 2003.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Before I start talking about this could someone please tell me if I should put this here since it could also go in the D&D forum or the IWD forum I'm not sure?

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well if is about BG2, it belongs here.
    I don't think Kensai and Sorcerer are in IWD are they? :confused:

Are you the guy who asked how to get BG1 for free in the BG forum?
    Geezz! :rolleyes:
    You can get the whole game new (TofSC and manuals and everything) on eBay for $5 - $10.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Baldur%27s+Gate&catref=C3&saavailabletosite=0&socolumnlayout=3&lotr=1&from=R10&sacategory=15108&BasicSearch=

It's one of the most inexpensive and common place games out there.

Tal will make that your permanent avatar if you keep that up.

[The url tags don't work with that url, I tried to make the link prettier, just FYI.] -Tal

[ December 31, 2003, 19:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

3. casey Gems: 15/31

Like I said in another thread I don't like internet shopping I've known too many people that were the victims of hacking to feel confident shopping on the net.

Anyway what I was going to say was would it be possible roleplay wise to have a Kensai (full) with the powers of Sorcerery?

I ask this because it say's that Sorcerers are just regular people that "were born with the innate ability to cast spells" I think that it could be justifiable if Bhaal had you with some woman who had the curse (or blessing) herself and your pc, decides that he would rather be a Kensai then anything else only to later on have his magic talents "manifest itself". (as Tashia put it in the Tashia mod talking to Jaheira)

Of course this would never be included as it would be the most unbalancing thing ever (just think of a fighter that could beat Drizzt and potentially give Elminster a good go) but I could see it potentially happening.

What other factors would be involved in this?

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Off topic, but I had to say this. Sorry mods.

Drizzt is NOT the best swordsman in the realms! That title belongs to King Azoun IV or Shuppurak. Either of them could kick Drizzt and Entreri's butt one at a time or both together.

He is only a level 16 character. Why is it so unbelievable that a level 16 Bhaalspawn kensai PC with decent stats (not minmaxed, but decent) will own Drizzt in a straight up clash of blades?

Celestial Fury and Belm > Twinkle and Icingdeath

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I like Drizzt and all but his rabid fanboys truly annoy me. :rolleyes:

I shall have to kill him and crucify Catti Brie's rotting corpse so that I can use it as a banner in my next game simply because I'm so annoyed at your post.

On topic: Bhaal's taint is reflected in your Bhaalspawn powers and the ability to change into the Slayer. In TOB, you get to access a Pocket Plane. Anyway, the PC's mother did not get impregnated by Bhaal himself. Rather, she conceived the child of the god's avatar, a much weaker version of himself.

Hence, you do not need Sorcerer levels to reflect your divine heritage.

Sorcerers are lame, btw.

5. casey Gems: 15/31

Shura you worry me man, are you anything in real life and BGII like you are on these boards as you are in real life? if you are I'd be worried if I ever met you face to face sorry to say, I think your corrupted ;) . Also what makes you think that Drizzt can't use Belm if he can use any other scimitar? a sword is a sword if you can use one you can use em all, and another thing would Celestial furys stun ability even matter to someone who could beat Drizzt? I mean he himself wouldent need more then one or two good hits to kill an opponent :rolleyes:

And exactly why are Sorcerers lame? they only get five spells a level but theres only that many on each level that's worth the effort so it's all good then Shura ;)

on topic: if it's Immpossible for pc to be a Kensai/Sorcerer then how about if pc and Tashia/Kelsey had a child?

6. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Honestly if you want a kensai/sorcerer all you have to do is shadowkeep spells to you character. Its an extremely broken class I guess, but there you have it.

7. casey Gems: 15/31

I don't want to play one, it is just that I'm curious if something like this is possible in the world of D@D or not. I'm interested in this of thing, but not to the point of probing to the deep end.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It's not possible according to AD&D rules, so it's not possible in Baldur's Gate.

9. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

In third edition every class combination in existence is possible. And in forgotten realms as a whole anything is possible. The limits of the game engine dont exist in an imaginary world of fantasy. Im sure if there can dwarf mages there can be some sorcerers who act as fighters. They would probably be elven though because humans in forgotten realms dont usually have the ability to adress the needs of both classes.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31

It is possible in 3rd edition.

Baldur's Gate uses 2nd edition rules, therefore it is not possible. What you are talking about are not limits of the game engine (which actually can handle any class combination), but rather restrictions of the rules.

If anything is possible, then I'm going to play a demi-dracolich through a 3e game. That isn't possible even there. The designers of the game decided that not anything is possible within their world, so it is not.

11. casey Gems: 15/31

Well if we are talking about fantasy worlds then that would also mean that rules don't exist so the only rules imo should be rules that limit characters ablity's to a certain point or other things like, a Ranger or a Paladin should be able to dual like any fighter could but nethier of them would ever be able to be a Thief due to beliefs, except on certain occasions (like a Paladin when they become fallen and lose thier Paladin ability's, or even better become a Dark Paladin, or whatever they are). But as for Kensai Sorcerers however it's definately possible but if what I see in unmodded BG 1 and 2 is anything to go then the likelyhood of a seeing a Kensai/Sorcerer would be the equivilent of winning the total prize pool jackpot in the lotteries.

12. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I believe Kensai-Sorcerers aren't rare... it's finding a high/mid-level one that is. :)

13. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Go play Neverwinter Nights: HOTU

Fighter/Weapon Master/Sorcerer

Sucks.

14. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

Is it possible on the engine Rastor? Ive always been curious on how to get sorcerer multiclassed. Is there anyway to do that?

15. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I think you can do it with SK. Create a fighter/mage multi, then change the fighter to a kensai kit and the mage to a sorcerer. You'll probably need to play around with the innate abilities initially, but it should work.

I know it's possible since a buddy of mine on the FWP boards successfully made a multi-class Kensai/Sorcerer/Assassin out of a F/M/T.

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Yes, you have to use Shadow Keeper or Near Infinity/DLTCEP to do it. The engine can do it, but because AD&D rules do not allow it, Bioware didn't put it in (well, that and it's overpowered).

17. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

I tried with SK, but the sorcerer isnt a kit of the mage.

18. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Woah woah woah, full stop.

There is a way to create a Kensia/Sorcerer/Assassin? Or even a Kensia/Sorcerer? Since the Sorcerer is a class of it's own, which cannot be multiclassed, and since Kensai and Assassin are both kits, you cannot do this in SK, at least not what I've seen.

If you can, tell me, i'd love to play one. It may be possible with Near Infinity though...

19. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

Same here, as overpowered as it will be :) .

20. casey Gems: 15/31

Why would you want a K/S/A? a full level Sorcerer is more powerful then that because of spells, so he'd be more powerful in general.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.