1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Romance problem (spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elendil, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I'm romancing Aerie and I've got to the point where you find out that she's pregnant. The dialogue ends with something like "let it be our little secret (the pregnancy)", after she says that she will stay with the group because she's carrying the granson of Bhaal, hence all the lovely people will hunt her down. Now, that dialogue has happened when I was at the beginning of Watcher's keep (it happened in the pocket plane because romance dialogues don't happen in dungeons). Now, my problem is that since that dialogue Aerie hasn't said anything and it has been about 10 game days and a LOT of real time gaming has passed since. I have finished Watcher's Keep and am now going towards Amkethran, whatever the name is, the city where you need to go after you kill Yaga Shura. Is thre a pause in the romance after that dialogue, because before it I had a romance parley almost every day. I've checked it via Shadow K. and the romance is still 2. Has anyone had something simmilar?

2. avaray Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i've experienced the same thing.
    Aerie didn't say anything else after that, and yeah i was in the half part of the game when the conversation took place. Then i just finished the rest of game without any romance with aerie.

So I thought that's the last Aerie romance conversation, or is it?

if it's not then please somebody tell me what'll happen next afterward?

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

She says all sorts of sentimental babble and you get maried, and after a while she gives birth, you carry the child in your bag.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] You carry the child in your bag?!?! Here son go play in the Bag of Holding while we fight these Drow elves and don't touch anything we haven't identified yet. :D

5. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Damn, is that a bug then? Can it be solved?

Avaray, maybe the romance stopped for you because Aerie got imprisoned or was turned to stone. That's a bug in the game.

Does anyone know how much time has to pass between the "let it be our special secret" dialogue and the next one? Is the next one when she gives birth? Come on, someone who has finished the romance, tell me. It really would be weird if you spoke to her about the baby and the next day...pop! - you're a father!
    I had 9 or ten 10 of pause and nothing has happened, but the shadow keeper still states the romance as active, that is "2".

[This message has been edited by Elendil (edited August 16, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.