1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok, to join or not let him join

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thalantyr, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Thalantyr Guest

I beat SOA then I installed TOB and started a TOB game.
    I’m at the part when I get to choose who I want to pick for my party.
    I’m a Ranger. I had Minsc as my partner in SOA.
    Minsc and I and Boo did some nice damage with our swords.
    But now Sarevok is in my party and he is a 2 handed sword person too.
    Does Sarevok affect the plot if I have him or I don’t?
    Or Should I just have a big happy family and kick neither out and have 3 close combat fighters? I’m going to have Edwin as my spell caster. Now all I need is a thief and a cleric.
    There is a lot of thief/mages but I not sure I really want that.
    And Vicionia (forgot how to spell her name) only has 9 con.
    So help me decide with Cleric to pick, which thief, and should I keep Sarevok?

2. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] If you keep Sarevok, then you three will be the bane of everything that even looks at you in a wrong way. Sarevok is the best fighter in the game, Minsc is excellent and I guess your character could be allowed to hit a goblin or two..:D
    Sarevok may even turn his alignment to Chaotic Good, but you need to NOT make him swear the oath at the beggining. Later on you need to "show him the light" during the interactions. He won't affect the game in a different way than any other npc would.
    Viconia is an excellent cleric, but IMHO Aerie is also very good because she can cast mage spells as well.
    Regardng the thief, I've seen some reccomendations about dual classing Sarevok to a thief. Check the previous posts. I personally used Shadow Keeper and made a normal thief out of Imoen, after I lost Yoshi and found her, back in BG2...

[This message has been edited by Elendil (edited October 14, 2001).]

3. Thalantyr Guest

[​IMG] Hey My Ranger is amazing!
    /me :wave: To Bruce!

What do you mean by not making take the oath?
    You mean i should say i just trust him before i give him life, and trust him when he asks to join my party?

Aerie or Viconia you say.. humm.. which one is less annoying? lol and for Imoen i really dont want to cheat.

4. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yes, he is referring to the oath of allegiance that Sarevok offers to swear when you bring him into the party.

Aerie is certainly not as well suited as Viconia for adventuring, at least temperament wise. However, she is probably more *useful*. Being able to put those cleric spells in her contingencies and triggers is nice. And not getting smacked by Holy Smite doesn't hurt.

All four NPC 'clerics' are nice to have around, though. I usually have at least 2 (my first ever party ended up with 3!).

Aloha
    Vormaerin

5. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] i hate the ToB dialogue with sarevok!
    i would have welcomed him with open arms :D

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Sarevok is the only NPC who has a non-romance-related personal plot in ToB. He'll have several conversations with you and eventually make a decision about his future, which you will get to advise him about. He doesn't affect the plot, per se, but he does contribute to it.

7. Elendil Gems: 7/31

You don't need to wave every time, mate. :wave: You know that you won't leave...

SPOILER
    -
    -
    -
    -
    When you bring Sarevok into the party he will offer to swear an oath. If you want his alignment to change, don't make him do that. Later, you need to choose the good answers during his interactions is order for him to change.
    I would even say that for me Aerie was a better choice. I didn't find her romance dialogues too annoying, they were more funny and unrealistic. She's very good with a Holy Smite/Horrid Wilting combo...
    Btw, I didn't consider editing Imoen to be cheating. I really didn't like the thing that she was a mage. But the programmers needed that in order to get the plot going. I already had myself, a mage and Aerie and I really needed a real thief. So I just gave Imoen Yoshimo's skills and level...

8. Thalantyr Guest

It will take me awhile, but day by day im cuting down the time on here.
    o Btw bruce they can be Hello waves!

Well this is what i did:
    I took my Halfing Thief from BG1.
    And started a new game with him.

Now my party is:

Halfing Thief
    Sarevok
    Minsc and Boo
    Edwin
    Viconia

My Thief is super usefull
    He has pver 175 pionts in ever thief skill!

9. Bloodaxe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

what could have been better than fighting back to back with your long lost halfbrother.

10. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] i think sarevok is a pretty shoddy fighter compared to my pc Corbulon, but i suppose he's good for the plot and a good fighter for an npc. hes fun to use though. may the brothers of blood slice and dice theyre way to the throne!!

11. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

why an alignment change? i like him evil :happy:

12. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

If you insist on not cheating (terrible word, I think customizing is a much more appropriate word). Then you really do want to keep Sarevok. TOB makes fighter types a lot more powerful than they got towards the end of SOA.

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

up against demogorgon, up to my neck in his glabrezu summons (about 15)

my pc and sarevok were the only ones left standing

my pc was confused, imoen, keldorn, minsc and viconia dead

sarevok on 15 health, but *still* alive thanks to his deathbringer assault and vorpal hits using ravager

take him, he wont let you down

14. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] :flaming: Sarevok rocks :flaming:

My party consists of:
    my evil asassin (THAC0 -8!!! with dual Bastard Swords!)
    Sarevok
    Edwin
    Visconia

Thats a VERY Evil party! Sarevok needs to be in there if u want a purely angel (:angel:) killing party!

Evil 4ever :flaming:

15. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

What Alignment does Sarevok change too then? I didn't know about that? I'm almost ashamed that I didn't know about something as important as that :whoa: :o :whoa: :o.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    He goes to Chaotic Good.

17. yappie! Guest

[​IMG] but having sarevok as a Good just ISNT RIGHT! :nono:

18. Titan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In BG1 outside the Flaming fist barracks you are told by sarevoks lover that he was good on the inside but the influance of Bhaal has made him act the way he does and pleads with you to let him live if possible. So it is feasable for him to be good.

19. yappie! Guest

20. Elendil Gems: 7/31

Well, the fact is that the change in Sarevok's alignment isn't that much of a change at all. Yes, it says "Chaotic Good" there, but his interactions are the same as those before the alignment shift...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.