1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sassar was fried, what am I going to do?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I was doing the Unseen Eye Quest with my 11-13th level party, talked Sassar as usual and challenged Shade Lich. As I had the 'Slightly Smarter Liches and Mages, The Lich appeared with a Improved Pitfiend friend. I was ready for it, I had Prot From Evil 10 Radius so Pitfiend did NOT attack us.
    (NOTICE:Improved Pitfiends cast 20d6 fireballs, improved invisibility,remove magic, demon fear, summon another PitFiend when neardeath, has 6 attacks per round, attack diseases and slows (NO save) plus save vs poison or take 999 poison damage...to die! However PFEvil 10'radius make you invisible to him.)

Anyway, The Lich began his show. Since he is 'SMARTER' he bagan combat by those spells casted instantly upon arrival:p.from Evil, Blur, MirrorImage, ShadowDoor, P.FromMagic weapons, SpellTrap,Tatoo of Power:Spell Immunity:Abjuration, P.from Cold, Magic Energy, Melf's Minute Meteors, Stoneskin, Armor, A Chain Contingency:Another SpellTrap, P.From Magic weapons, Horrid Wilting, (C.Contingencies are random for eachspawn so I was lucky to get 2 spells that he already has, though Horrid wilting was not welcomed.) A contingency:p.From m.weapons (again, he ALREADY has this.), and gulped a potion I don't know.

MY strategy was to BACK OFF until his protection spells were gone, so my party RUN like nad to the halls near Sassar, and just then Lich's Time Stop came! The Lich could not see us, he said:
    -DAMN where are they? (He is SMART thanks to a mod.) And then activated a sequencer:F.Shield Red and Blue, Improved Invisibility. Summoned TWO MOrdenkainen Swords and THEN, to my suprise he again SAID:
    -Enough of this! Show yourself so I can DESTROY you!
    and then casted a nasty Teleport Field that teleported ALL OF US near him! WHOA this was way TOO smart!

Another Sequncer:Chain Lightning, chaos, and..NOOO remove magickkk! We were stripped from all protections, MOST importantly PFromEvil SO that Pitfiend grinned and started to attack us!

Aerie and Nalia QUICKLY casted Pfrom Evil to themselves, my ClericPC had Sensate Amulet (PERMANENT PfromEvil) and then Aerie and Nalia pelted Mordenkainen's Swords with M.Misiles AND my PC drank a potion which gives %50 MR(bought from various places, I remember Rogers) to survive what to come.

Minsc was confused, Jaheira summoned something new, my MP created Kensai was hitting the PF and died..because of 999 damage Poison! Lich casted MORE and more HWiltings, killing Minsc and injuring Jaheira(she had Belt of Inertial Barrier) but she was killed by Pitfiend's fireball. Luckily Aerie and Nalia had casted MirorImages and were alive, my PC was NOT hurt thanks to MR potion.

NOW, PF can nOT attack ANY of us so he went invisible. Aerie and My PC rained LOTS Of HolySmites while Lich WASTED all of his symbols and Finger of Deaths on me to no avail. Nalia ressurected Minsc and Kensai via rod, but it was a MOST unlucky timing as Lich's Wail of the Banshee caught them and they died again. Worse yet, Pit Fiend was near death thanks to Aerie's and my combined Holy Smites, and he gated another, UNINJURED Pitfiend! AGH! The old one DIED, the new one SOMEHOW sensed poor Sassar and launched a Fireball on him! He was TOASTED ofcourse. :( (

Anyway, Nalia summoned something, while Lich continued to waste nore spells on me and I and Aerie blasted away a few more Holy Smites. Pit Fiend was injured and went offscreen. I waited a little for Lich's protections to go down, then we attacked him ranged via +2 bullets and Arrows. (he still had F.Shields so we dared not approach.)Lich illusions was dispelled fy Aeries TS long ago (Just lucky he did not get Simmunity:Divination via a random contingency.) He continued to cast Pfrommagicalweapons and stoneskin when needed and hurled Melf'sMinuteMeteors. Eventually he was killed by my PC cleric's bullet+2. Whew, that WAS a fight! Ressurected our fighters, SAVED and rested quickly!

NOW, my problem. Sassar is DEAD. I can NOT talk him about quest of rod. He will NOT give ne the password for the Pit of the Faithless so what am I going to do?

I have a few options:

-LOAD a previous save and battle the lich AGAIN. I will prefer ANYTHING to prevent this, as I mentioned above it was TOUGH. If you have some combat advice it is welcomed though.

-Create Sassar via cheat? HOW? Will it work?

-Use CTRL+J to teleport behind locked door which is EXIT from Beholder lair? That way I can still enter Beholder Lair and face UEye? Will it create bugs?

-Any other ideas?

Please help me I am at a loss here. I HAVE to do UEye quest to get Cleric Stronghold!
    Thanks all in advance.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Load a previous save and finish the Unseeing Eye quest first. Sassar will then leave, as you have no further use for him, and you can battle the Shade Lich without having to worry about innocent bystanders.

If that's too tough, you can try to CLUA in Sassar. Probably CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Sassar01"). If that doesn't work, you can try Sassar02, or just plain Sassar.

EDIT: I checked, and the correct code is CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Sassar").

[ July 23, 2005, 18:19: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As he said, these liches are way to nasty, and you do NOT want to fight it more than absolutely necessary (You got tactics mod, right?).

my guess is that teleporting your party behind the locked doors will do no harm. All that'll probably happen is that you won't get any xp from Sassar for helping him and his m8s's (if you get any at all).

Another option would be to try talking with Tad and tell him the required phrase (slight *SPOILER* 'The eye is blind'), and see if the option will be their regardless of whether you've actually spoken with Sassar.

4. Koki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Can't you just go to the Pit 'just like that'? I think you could...

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Umm you can NOT enter pit without telling Tad the password 'Eye is Blind.' AND you can NOT tell Tad the password BEFORE Sassar tells it to you. (NATURALLY)

ANYWAY I Solved my problem. CreateCreature('SASSAR') worked like a miracle and I finished UE quest! THANKS!

Only, Sassar's friends were hostile to me for some reason. (Maybe one of our spells hit them? How did they survive then?) Not wanting to kill them, I quickly CTRL+Yed them and finihed their misery. Then I tried to create them via console with their names but it failed. Well they were NOT vital to the quest anyway. So sorry.

6. JWN Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Jeez, sassar specifically TELLS you not to open the sarcophagus but you went and did it anyway! :eek: ;)

You're right though, tactics liches/pit fiends are disgustingly tough, I just avoid them like the plague. But you can also complete that quest the "other" way by just killing the cultists...the unseeing eye will appear and you can destroy it. This does mean missing out on quite a lot of treasure though, but it is a perfectly valid tactic. Remember, oisig does tell you to defeat them as "friend or conqueror".

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Wel it was just too tempting. Improved Liches and PFs are just GREAT fun! And seeing I can beat them (though just barely) is good too!

Sigh, I remember fighting that Shade Lich VERY first time in the unmodded game, I was SOO very NEWBIE that I did NOT understand what he did and I was dead. Quick.

Experience brings visdom, to say the least. I am still afraid of liches but now with some tactics and luck I can save myself.(and then resurrect the fallen. Oh some are not so lucky. :D )

8. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    You can also have tried force attacking Gaal and destroying the Unseeing Eye without the benefit of the Rod. You'll lose a few items and some XP, which in the long run isn't much.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I think the Wave shaft's down there too.

EDIT: :doh: Wrong halberd. Scythesong's right, it's the Dragon's Bane. :o

[ July 27, 2005, 06:36: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I don't think so. I've finally managed to forget where it is, but the only rare items you'll be losing iirc are a decent shield, a dragon-slaying halberd and a scroll of hold(or was it control?) undead.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well Dragon's Bane is not spectecular and that AC+4 shield is not that spiffy either. BUT the totall XP of 1001 beholders in the lair, that's TOO TEMPTING!!! I have Tactics and Smarter Beholders too so it was not just simple butchering but actually quite the FUN!

12. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Wave shaft: in planar prison. master of thralls
    Wave blade:in underwater city, Sahuagin Prince

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.