1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

School Sucks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I really get sick of going to school. What about you. Tell me w2hat you think.

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Keep going. It might be boring, or mindnumbing, but once you can go and study for something you choose to be, it all gets better. (well, sorta) Don't drop out and take a dead-end job. I took one for a year in between schools, and even while I knew I was going back to school the next year, the year working in a dead-end job was 10 times worse than school. Sure you've got money, but you get to do dumb, mindless work. Blegh.

Me? I'm not really tired of school, because I like what I'm doing. I'm just frustrated at the fact that I am spending 55+ hours a week on it, and am still getting low grades. (like 80% of my year) Something's really amiss at school, and we're suffering the consequences dammit. :bang:

Sometimes I wish I'd just get a nice job, which promises a good carrier, but I'd hate to leave school. So many people there I care about.

3. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I remember when I was in school I dropped out as soon as I hit 16, and went back to Russia and got all of my Bachelor's done there, then returned to the US and got my Masters degree, and I have a pretty good, well-paying and stable job right now. I'm not suggesting you drop out cause it's not for everyone, that's for sure, but I think I made the right decision for myself.

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I Don't know, I think you must do what you think is best, but if you ga to school pick one you like that's my only advice.

5. Istari of Thay Banned

Boring!?
    Nay!!

It's FUNDERFUL... :hahaerr:

Hmpf...
    What am I saying?
    Your right it's reeeal dull... :(

But I think it's worth it though!! ;)

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :sleep:

Huh... wha?

Oh school...

well
    Some stuff is okay - like IT, Science,Art, (drama), break, hometime.

But some stuff is totally... not very good. Languages, (drama), PE, History, geography, RMP, Technology...

yes... I know I'm a nerd. :p

What I HATE is the homework... and the options that can change your future making the difference between Computer Programmer and McDonalds 'do you want fries with that' girl

School is okay - but the lessons get in the way :thumb:

(damn smileys :flaming: )

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm a teacher, and some days I think school sucks! So take heart. It's worth it in the end, even if it doesn't look that way now.

8. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah I'd say that school is the best bet for most people, but I just got fed up with it, and decided that it was taking up too much of my time, energy, and frustrating me more than I'd like, so I dropped out.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, like, I hate school. 'Cause education sucks, and I have no plans for my life. :rolleyes:

10. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Haha, I think the first guys kind of misunderstood me in a way. I was never actually planning to drop out of shcool. But I definately agree that the homework is not a plus. I already have enough trouble(and not enough time) to do the things I want to. Play all the games, read all the books, work out... And THEN THERE'S HOMEWORK bloody homework!

And after that there's more homework.
    And then you go to bed.

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

During the school year, I generally hate school. But at summer time, I eventually get bored and look forward to going back to school.

So my conclusion is this: 10 straight months of school sucks! If there were week long "spring breaks" about every 2 months, I think the school year would suck less. (notice I didn't say "would be more fun" instead ;) )

12. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just keep at it. Having an education is important. It may not be necessary but you're going to make life easier for yourself if you finish your studies. There are more opportunities for those who have an education.

I finished my postgraduate studies a year ago. There were times when I thought I must have been crazy to go back to school. In the end I found that it was very fulfilling.

Presently, I'm a teacher like Depaara. Now I know how I made my teachers feel when I was a student. :D

13. Shura Gems: 25/31

Heh. You think school is bad.

School used to be dull as hell for me until I experienced the utter stupidity and pointlessness of army life.

So enjoy school while you can, boys and girls.

14. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I used to laugh at my parents when they used to tell me to enjoy my young life while i could. Now, at 21, midway through my degree doing a year's work experience placement, i know exactly what they meant. And i can't wait to get back to uni. Yes, my uni civil engineering course is damned hard, but it is stimulating for the mind. I'm in a civil engineerig office, but because i'm not qualified i get the bum jobs.

So, like my parents said, enjoy life while you're young.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

School is OK in some ways, but the best bit of school is the holidays, but then, if you get too much holidays you get bored. So school can be useful too
    OK, I'll stop before I start a major rant

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    school isn't all that bad.

The homework and having to get up early are major drawbacks, but the time I spend at school is usually great fun.

17. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I already know everything I need to live a normal life, I will NEVER need to know about urban renewal to be a computer programmer so that is a waste of my time. Most of my classes are like this, I want to study things that are relevant to me instead of the teachers trying to imprint useless facts into my head all day long.

18. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yeah it sucks.
    I know the homeworks and exams both suck too.
    But let's face it school is also fun in brakes, or even in lessons.
    Well even if it isn't,we have to go to school.

19. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

The subject is a truth.

I changed school 3 times last year, because teachers could not stand me. (Hey, that's a wrong form of that word; no, there's a mistake in that homework; homework was not specified enough), and then i got the "So what?" attitude to the whole school. The only reason i go there is i have not an internet access at home, and i am an addict.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You know, misters IHATESCHOOL!!! there are millions of kids just WANTING to go to school, yeah you read that right, *grumble* spoiled cappies

So in the end, school does NOT suck,

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.