1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

School

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by 8people, May 3, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Is anyone still at school?

From what i've seen no-one seems to be

Anyone?

I hate school, I especially hated my middle school, my mother nicknamed our head a very rude name, used openly there now I believe, thank god I left there.

Why does homework suck so much? i've got better stuff to do!

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I'm still at school and yes it does suck mostly. But it can be ok when you get a doss day. I'm in year 10 doing GSCE's next year (not sure what this is in other countries systems, i live in England).

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm still at school - doing my GCSEs in about a weeks time :(. But I still don't think it sucks. Gotta be better than working all day :).

4. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

still at 9th grade....

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, working all day sucks all right, but at least I get paid for all my hard work! :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited May 04, 2002).]

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm only a fressman untell June.

7. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Still In School. My last year of high school before I go to college

8. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

I'm still in school too, grade 11 here in Ontario, Canada, this is my second-last year before university.

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] And you two don't plan on taking a break between school systems?

I found it wonderfull to take a one year work and one year army service before starting at university.

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

By "you two" I assume you mean Thorin and I.
    I'm not taking a year or two off, because I want to get to university as soon as I can. I'll be 17 for half of my freshman year in university, and after my 4 years, I'm going to join the military as an officer, and go through the pilot training. If I manage all of this, I'll be a Lieutenant by the time I'm 22, and if I become a fighter-pilot, I'll be a captain the following year (this is all Air Force, btw). I don't know about you, but to me that's really cool (especially since it took my dad about 10 years to make captain :p).

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Word up Nobleangel! Even though I abhorred my military service so gave it me a new appetite for learning. I actually went into university eager to learn. No one should jump straight from school to school. You need to get new perspectives on life.

12. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Not in school anymore, but you don't *have* to do your homework. Any of it. You don't always have to be present either, exactly. *cough* I got above average grades, but that doesn't give anyone an excuse to follow my example.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I never do my French, but the teacher doesn't care

I get to use a computer for school, no-one can read my handwriting!

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't find school that bad. You get to see your friends, some subjects suck but others are okay. The only thing I hate about school is homework, but I guess it's still better than working.

[This message has been edited by Uytuun (edited May 04, 2002).]

15. sorvo Guest

Homework is for study hall;) Had 3 of those a day in my senior year, wish I could go back:(

16. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No, sorvo, study hall was for sleeping. Homework was on the bus going to school. Or during homeroom. I had two study halls in my junior year. That was the most well rested I've ever been.

17. sorvo Guest

I lived 2 blocks away from my school, so I never got to experience the "bus" I didn't take a single book home that whole year:D

18. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm in school. It sucks ass...Damona, study hall is for using the computer to do online "research". ;)

19. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This is a quote from another of my posts, but you should find it rather enjoyable:

“...Even though he hasn’t learned anything useable besides the difficulties of GPA-threatening busy work in his entire school experience, the teachers get paid huge amounts to whine about how much they get paid. That’s because most of them are under-qualified retardations of a long-ago-useful system, who lack both the minds and personalities to combat against possible
    nonconformity to the American society base, and have been babysitting since they went to school themselves, which makes them so good at their job, which gives them the ability to whine for more money in the name of young minds (which they, themselves, pollute frequently with laziness and laziness-bribed easy standards of learning), which, ultimately, makes them greedy bastards
    like most of the people involved in education (which is the reason it started in the first place, which is a long, long time ago just after overpopulation began and people began to necessitize generalization). Man’s best chunk of life is drawn and quartered by a brainwashing sermon from
    an aging offspring of American tax dollars day after day after day, and this system has grown too powerful to stop, so no one tries. The smarter of the students find themselves being conformed into special niches and daily routines which are easy for the teachers to make money from, and
    most of these kids kill themselves before twenty years. No payment for those who live is given, except for the premonition of future payment (which happens whether or not busy work is finished successfully, simply in degree of greediness), and America grows to have smarter, more taxed people every year...”

20. I'm at school and I'm gonna be the happiest girl on earth when my english teacher leaves in the end of May.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.