1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sessions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by toast, Jan 22, 2001.

1. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I just went from Thursday night to Sunday night, minimal breaks, minimal saves. I went from sewers in the Gov Ctr, to kill a couplea Dragons, through Spellhold, Fish land, and the Underdark.

feels good.

I'm a killing machine.
    A level 18 monk, and you'dbetternotfuckwithmecauseI'llkickyouassallaroundtown.gotthat?

Anyone else pull long sessions?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I will as soon as I get my pc back...Day 24 and counting...I think because my pc is under warranty, it gets pushed to the back of the line.

So far, they've replaced the power supply and CD-Rom drive...Hopefully I'll get it back this week! No green smiley for this one...

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Still waiting eh Sir Belisarius? They must be putting substandard equipment in new PCs these days to bring the price down... One of the reasons I built my own this time...

As far a marathon gaming sessions, for me it's usually at most several hours on the weekend... I guess I'm just too old with too many other things to do (and I'm not even married!) :)

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hehe Bel, that´s why I do all my computerr stuff myself - minimal waiting periods, no delays, no warranty... :D :D
    When I bought my BG-2 on some friday morning in November I played through till sunday evening and went to university early monday morning, ouch. My usual new-crpj-syndrom :D

5. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Too much of my time is wasting playing FPS.

If only I wasn't ranked #3 :D in the world at UT, I'd have so much more valuable free time to waste... hehe...

Amon-Ra

[This message has been edited by Amon-Ra (edited January 23, 2001).]

6. toast Gems: 7/31

I was up there in the top 100 too for awhile, then all the awful killing got to me...

Oh the humanities!!

7. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

your alias? just toast?

BTW: im either #1 or #2 m0ds now...
    :D

Amon-Ra

8. toast Gems: 7/31

just plain toast or toast451, I forget. I was a raging killkillkill, leap off of buildings and break your fall with someones head, run and killkillkill kinda player.

very frenetic.
    The slow snipe of Counter-Strike never appealed to me, Q3 was even worse (less real physics=more outrageous killing))and I just got burned out.

I've been expanding my gaming horizon, and this is the first rpg I've played.

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Finally, after 28 days...I can get back to playing BG2!!!!! WhooHoo! The computer techs declared my old pc a disaster area, and gave me a new one! The first time in my life I ever bought an extended warranty - and it paid off! :D

Now I just have to re-load my game....So I'll probably have to re-do Spellhold, but that's not too bad!

10. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Hey! Congrats!! :D

11. toast Gems: 7/31

sleep eat game.

repeat as required.

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks! I'm feeling MUCH better now! I was worried there for a second! Without my pc at home, I was becoming more social, more capable of independent thought, and I was reading more...Whew! I'm glad that's over!

13. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Oh No! Thank goodness that crisis was averted! lol You might have been stuck with a real life! j/k :D

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Exactly...Hey! Wait a minute! ;)

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Amazingly! I tried to play BG2 after I loaded my software, sves, etc...And the damn new computer failed in the configuration! I am amazed! My old pc was 2 years old, with a lesser processor and chip, but this one is failing to config for the game! Needless to say - I am fired up about it!

I'm not sure if it's the video graphics card, but that's the only thing I can think of at the moment. The delay continues....
    :rolleyes:

16. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

You're KIDDING! If I were you, I'd grab that Holy Avenger and make someone pay!

Ok ... so that would be very unpaladinly of you. lol So sad ... Guess you'll have to read a book or something ... :D Look at it this way - at least you have more time to spend on the message boards now ... heh,heh

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] How do you think I got to 400+ posts? :D
    I have to live vicariously (hopefully I spelled that right) through everyone else. I've had nothing better to do but expand my mind, hang out with friends, and study for school! Where's the fun in that? ;) :D

I'm going to call Bioware to see what I'm missing, then go back to the pc store with my demands (I'm beginning to think getting the law degree is worth it - I know some big words now!) If all else fails...Whip out the Holy Avenger! LOL!

18. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

What kind of video card did they put in it? I hope it isn't integrated into the motherboard. That will probably make things difficult...

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Grey - You read my mind...I am back in the game...But the pc they gave me has that cheesy integrated video card....What's worse, it only has PCI slots for upgrades! uggh! The horror, the horror....

So I complained to the store (once again, the legal education is paying off), they gave me an ATI Rage 16MB video card. I installed it, but I still can't play the 3D version...and it sucks!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any solution? Help! It's been a month...I am jonesing for some BG2! :(

20. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Must...Get...Help...Soon...

Just thought I'd bump this back up there. Any suggestions?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.