1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shawn Michaels Retires

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by starfox64, Mar 30, 2010.

1. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I don't know if anybody cares but WWE Superstar Shawn Michaels wrestled his final match on Sunday at Wrestlemania XXVI. His career at WWE spanned 22 years! I just know that besides Undertaker, he's the last Superstar that's still around at WWE from when I was a child. I was never really a fan of his but it's still sad to see him go.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Pretty damned late, but still...

Shawn Michaels is an icon and a legend. His promos were ALWAYS gold, and he left us with a ton of CLASSIC matches. I vividly remember his clashes with all-time greats like Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Bret Hart, HHH (those two had EPIC WARS), Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Kane, Edge, Ric Flair, the British Bulldog (R.I.P), "The Narcissist" Rick Martel, and many others.

Whoever Michaels wrestled, he brought the best out of. Wrestlemania XXIV, XXV and XXVI were just three AWESOME matches, though personally, I think the WMXV match was better than the XXVI. Who can forget the CLASSIC HHH vs Benoit vs Michaels matches?

Truly, a huge loss for the buisness. Nontheless, Shawn left a legacy that will endure. Future HOF material, mark my words.

3. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Well, NBC is airing a special on August 7th featuring highlights from Wrestlemania XXVI. So if you want to catch some of Shawn Michaels final match, this is the chance to do it. Personally, his match at Wrestlemania XXV was better but this match is still pretty sweet
    ...even if we all knew he was going to lose.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Are we talking about the same weaner who used to be in "The Rockers" tag team with Marty Janetty? Or were there two Shawn Michaelses?

5. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] No, its the same "kid" that teamed with Marty Jannetty :lol: that shows how old you are now, doesn't it?

6. Disciple of The Watch

The Rockers weren't bad, but Shawn Michaels was made to be a singles star. And even in well his 40's, if Shawn Michaels was on the card, you'd get your money's worth. Remember New Year's Revolution when Shawn and HHH as DX faced off against Edge and Randy Orton as Rated-RKO? BRUTAL. The elbow drop to Randy Orton from the top turnbuckle through a table, that was just AWESOME.

Harbs, check out the Ladder Match against Razor Ramon from Wrestlemania X, the Ironman Match against Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII. This guy is no weaner, he's an icon, and a true legend.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I remember "The Rockers" fighting the "Fabulous Rougeau Brothers" at Wrestlemania V. I think. Or maybe it was the "British Bulldogs". Or maybe it was Wrestlemania IV?

I wonder whatever happened to Marty Janetty.

Go the Bushwackers!

8. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I believe Janetty had some drug problems that led to marriage and career problems. That's why Shawn Michaels went on to legend status and Marty Janetty faded into the shadows. He makes appearances on WWE from time to time. For example, he made an appearance last year to defend himself against remarks made by The Miz. He lost. I'm sure he's still wrestling in some promotion somewheres.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Janetty is a one-time Intercontinental Champion, for what it's worth... pales in comparaison of Michaels being the first ever Grand Slam Champion, holding every title there is to hold.

BWHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: I remember these guys from the Gimmick Battle Royal at WM18, I believe... or was it X-Seven? Too bad the said Battle Royal lacked the ALMIGHTY Legion of Doom.

10. Harbourboy

I can't believe that long haired slightly effeminate tag team guy went to be big. Wonders never cease.

Next thing you're going to tell me that Axe from "Demolition" went on to team up with Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake and reign as tag team champions for a decade. What about Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart?

11. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

I believe The Anvil is retired. He married one of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart's sisters. His daughter wrestles for WWE now as Natalya. She's in a team with The British Bulldog's son, David Hart Smith. The British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith, also coincidentally married one of Bret Hart's sisters. So Natalya and David Hart Smith are in a tag team with Natalya's real life fiancee, Tyson Kidd. They go around calling themselves the "Hart Dynasty" (complete with all the hot pink maple leaves) and pretty much just live off their family's name. They're the current Unified Tag Team champions over there at WWE.

12. Harbourboy

That was confusing. So Bret "The Hitman" Hart has turned into some sort of wrestling godfather? The Hart Foundation rocked. Where does the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase fit in? Surely he would have bought the WWF by now.

13. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Ted Dibiase has some sort of role within the company besides being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame (as is Bret Hart). He makes some appearances on Monday Night RAW every now and again. His son, Ted Dibiase Jr., wrestles for WWE now. He just uses his father's gimmick.

14. Disciple of The Watch

IMO, there was only one Million Dollar Man, and it was Ted Sr. His promos were just awesome, and he played the heel character to a perfection. Or what about him and IRS as Money Inc.? Great stuff.

I also took a liking to the NWA, classic matches like Tully Blanchard vs Dusty Rhodes, or Flair vs Harley Race... awesome stuff.

15. Harbourboy

Tully Blanchard? From the Brainbusters?? With Arn Anderson? Did they become superstars as well?

16. Disciple of The Watch

Arn Anderson was an integral part of the 4 Horsemen in WCW along with Ric Flair, Ole Anderson. Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit were Horsemen, too... two of the very best technical wrestlers were a great addition. IIRC, Anderson had his career cut short because of a neck injury. And yes, the very same Tully Blanchard, Harbs. I'm not if Tully broke into superstardom... my knowledge of NWA is severely limited, and I don't remember ever seeing Tully on WCW programming, at least when WCW withdrew from the NWA.

17. Harbourboy

Ric Flair was around for ever. He must have been 400 years old when he retired (I sincerely hope he HAS retired - surely he has?). I never understood the appeal of that guy. He didn't seem to have any moves. Compared to someone like, say, The Blue Blazer, who was awesome.

18. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Ric Flair's 60 now and STILL wrestling. He's over at TNA wrestling's promotion down there in Orlando, Florida. He was supposed to have a backstage/management position in their company but I guess the call of the ring is too much. Hulk Hogan's over there too but he recently had more back surgery and will probably never, ever mix it up in the ring again (thank the maker!). Other older notable wrestlers at TNA include Sting, Mick Foley, and Jeff Jarrett.

19. Harbourboy

I refuse to believe that Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan are still wrestling (or that they are only 60). Those guys looked 70 in the 1980s.

What about the Superfly Jimmy Snuka from the Fiji Islands? He can't still be going as well.

20. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Jimmy Snuka is retired. He's also a WWE Hall of Famer. His daughter wrestles for WWE now. She's a big brute of a woman.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.