1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sidequests Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by MrMordak, Feb 9, 2009.

1. MrMordak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm currently trying to rescue Imoen as quickly as possible, so my question is how the sidequests that people complain about affect this. I know normally they'll complain if you ignore their quest. Yoshimo has complained about going to meet with Renal, so I did, but I want to put off this quest, also I just got the messenger that has a message for Aerie. SO if I do ignore them, will they leave me during the next few chapters?

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    They may. Though I've heard that strongholds are put on hold while you are at spellhold. Maybe (save game as this is a maybe) side quests are put on hold too.

However, there is no requirement to rush so you could potentially do most of the side quests prior to picking up Imoen.

3. MrMordak Gems: 1/31

Well, that kinda defeats the purpose of this play-through. I'm trying to do what you keep telling people and actually try to save Imoen, rather than putz around for a couple months doing other things.

So if anyone is more sure about this, that would be great.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yoshimo you can ignore. He just says one thing when entering the docks and that's it.

Nalia will complain when you pick her up, as will Edwin and Korgan if you don't start their quests within three days of picking them up - Nalia takes 20 IG days.

Aerie will whine but stops asking after the third request.

Who else is in your party?

5. MrMordak Gems: 1/31

Jaheira (romancing)
    Aerie
    Minsc (I finished the Umar Hills quest already)
    Mazzy (I'm hoping I don't run into her messenger for the family thing)
    Yoshimo

Yoshimo did have another complaint about it later, beyond his mentioning it in the docks, but I should be rid of him before he can leave me.

I tried to avoid any character that has a quest as they join (such as Edwin or Korgan).
    I also thought there was a comment by Jaheira when you get the Trademeet quest, that she'll keep the party on track for that. However, I avoided that npc for now, so the quest isn't present yet.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] DON'T start the Harper Quests in the docks if you want to keep Jaheira.

Between chapters 4 and 6 messengers aren't supposed to be able to pop up for NPCs. And Mazzys' little quest is only around a small area at least if it does trigger.

Otherwise I reckon you're good to go :)

7. MrMordak Gems: 1/31

Well, I already have that done, so I can't help that.
    However, I am romancing her, so I should be able to avoid the bandit attack by not sleeping outdoors (i.e. waiting until the underdark and only using an inn).
    I'm pretty sure she doesn't get taken away for her day quest, and thus won't want you to go to the harper building.

Otherwise, thanks for the aid, hopefully this rescue attempt succeeds.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.