1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Siding with Bodhi

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Jul 21, 2002.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Of the three, do you lose any if you side with Bodhi:Keldorn, Minsc, Valygar?

As you can tell, im planning to side with her, but I don't want to lose someone I souped up. thanx

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Nope, you don't 'lose' any of them. Oh sure they'll be pissed of though, very much so in Kelly's case.
    I doubt he'd prefer associating with thieves either, so it's your choice.

Edit: Oh btw, if you are romancing Anomen, they you will 'lose' him....not a bad thing at all!:p

[This message has been edited by Gopher (edited July 21, 2002).]

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You will not lose them but be warned! when given the option take the noble course to keep them

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It's very annoying when NPC's are whining all the time.:nolike:

5. the assassin Gems: 8/31

You WILL lose Keldorn if you side with Bodhi. I tried, but now I have to join the Shadow Thieves if I want to keep him. Damn. I don't want to deal with the undead.

6. astro zombie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

you shouldnt worrie to much fighting bohdi's men and her isnt that hard i mean i kicked her ass with a shitty half-elf druid at lvl 12 and if i can do it easy with him you should have no problem.

7. WickedPixie Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] yes, and about NOT siding with Bodhi...can i still sneak in there and grab that mace? oh i really want that mace...Seems to me i wasn't allowed any access to her lair until i agreed to work for her...and, oh yea, can i side with her, grab mace, then run my tail over to the Shadow Theives? prolly not... :shame:

8. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

When you side with the Shadow Theives, the last thing they'll have you do is fight your way into her lair. Great fun. You won't fight her at that time though -- just oodles of vampires. You can get the mace then.

One thing about the mace that I learned from these forums -- you can soup it up with mithril, and Cromwell's help. You get the mithril from the Temple of Helm quest where you must persuade an artist to work for the temple. You will have the option of giving the artist an alloy, and tracking down the real mithril, which you can then use on your Mace of Disruption.

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's not mithril that is used to upgrade the Mace of Disruption; I believe it's illithium. Mithril is part of the Ranger Quest.

10. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I hate fighting vamps too, fighting the shadow thieves is much more fun.
    You could always use scrolls of prot undead for the vamps but still.

possible spoiler:
    You get to kill those damn vamps anyway

11. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31

Sorry, you're right, Spelladonna. It's ithillium. I rented LOTR last night...

12. Aft Foreward Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The sword you get for killing the lich in the inn in (wow, thats a lot of "N" sounds) the City Gates is very helpful formpire slaying. 3d6 plus an extra 1d6 vs. undead...Ohh, yeah! :evil:

13. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Don't forget the sunray

14. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

undead hunters are great at fighting vampires...i use him by himself when im assulting Bodhi's place

15. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There is also an axe that you can get from the Copper Corenet that is helpfull against undead. Can't remember the name, but it is red, and can only be used by good characters (throwable too).

16. Lennon Gems: 2/31

The axe is the Azuredge, I believe :)
    Other items useful against undead (especially vamps):
    Helm of Brilliance (purchase from Ribald Barterman; Chapter 6 only).
    Amulette of Power (Aran Linvail gives it to you if you side with him, you can loot it from his corpse if you side with Bodhi).
    Level 6 (?) Priest Spells "Sunray", and "False Dawn".
    Any spells or weapons that do fire damage.

17. StressedE Gems: 15/31

I believe Azuredge is bugged, you'll need the fixpack for it.

18. Lennon Gems: 2/31

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Baldurdash's Azuredge fix is not a fix but a tweak. Now lemme quote myself about Baldurdash:
    The real fix I'm talking about there is a part of SPfixpack downloadable here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors3.php

Anyway, I'm not sure why are you forcing people to use Baldurdash. Azuredge is not the only problematic "fix" in his fixpack. The problems with his fixpack I've described in SPfixpack documentation. Perhaps you should read it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.