1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Single person or full party?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Orrick the Grey, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] hey
    i just want some opinions
    what do you find easier a single character or a full party?
    cuz i finished the game first time through a while back with a party of 6 and it was much more difficult than the second time with just one character(a male human fighter)
    maybe it was because of my experience?

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] A party is a lot easier to do the game with as it gives you more hitting power, a wider range of skill's and more importantly, more targets for the monsters to go for ;) so you can get the really wounded party members out the way.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I am taking a six member through right now and just started HoW. I am also running a solo character thats in chapter 3. Im not having much trouble keeping them alive, although it was harder those first few level ups and getting together decent equipment! Im suprised how well my solo Ranger is doing, but I bet it's the quick leveling up. Im sure its going to be a little harder when those later chapters come up.

[ December 24, 2002, 06:43: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

4. Paladinz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Personaly i prefer to play with 1 mage, but it makes the game alot harder at the start, so if u prefer to survive, use a full party with fighters. :)

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've played through with a full mage party before - it was quite fun :xx: And I play all the games on HoF ;)

I always have a fukk party - because I think it's cool and I think my people would get lonely - even the ones who stay by themselves like to pick on someone ;)

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Play SOLO!

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just finished with a party of 6 that consisted of 2 fighters, 1 f/t (fighter dualed to thief at level6) 1 cleric, 1 mage and 1 necromancer.

With a mage dagger +2 and a ring to double the number of spells i can memorise i was never short of spells.

I played on normal difficulty but after the battle with youxonomei chapter 3 i think) the game was just too easy.

Poombas gave me a little grief but not a huge problem.

In the last battle, even after he cast dispel magic, i took him out in no time and only my cleric got totally axed.

Although, i have now decided that IWD definitely rules over BG.

[ January 06, 2003, 10:18: Message edited by: Intentioner of the Damned ]

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    last time i soloed i got no farther then Yxunomei, then it was something like "Great jumping paladins of Tyr, Im done for it" or "Ie, auw, ugh, blaaah". I love that soundset :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.