1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Small Happinesses

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rallymama, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm tired of complaining! Here's a place to share something NICE that's happened to you recently (none of that mushy crap, please - just little stuff that went right instead of wrong).

This morning I overslept by 30 minutes. I was able to compress my routine and make the mext train (less than 15 minutes later!). The delay was just long enought that when I got downtown, a bank was celebrating their one-year anniversary of doing business in the area by passing out FREE LUNCHES in the train station! Had I been on my regular train, I would have missed it. There was a string band and balloons, too. You try to frown when listening to banjo music, even at 7:45 am.

2. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It didn't happen today but I found a cool game for sale yesterday (most of the Heroes of Might and Magic games.)

3. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] My brother came over from Switzerland where he works just for my birthday. He goes back the day after tomorrow, but he made me very happy because I expected only a phonecall from him...
    Long live the cheap airlines!

[ December 03, 2002, 15:53: Message edited by: Baldrak ]

4. riva Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I changed jobs recently and, though I was eager to get out of my old job, all my colleagues gave me a great present and told me that they would miss me and my work. I wasn't expecting that and it made me happy.

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Feeding my Hamster warm chestnuts, he loved them. :)

[ December 03, 2002, 17:04: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I walk to and from my office at the university - it is only two blocks away from where I live. Well, this morning it was raining really hard and I had to walk. I was getting ready to leave, when to my surprise, my neighbor who knocks on my door at all hours to borrow my telephone met me at my front door and offered to give me a ride so I would not have to walk in the rain. So that was nice.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    a score of 85% for the Cisco exams

WooHoo!!

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    *Major* WooHoo! Congratulations!!!!!!!

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'm on holidays! One week before public schools as well :)

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had a good talk with a derelict yesterday. He said he was happy with the things he didnt have.
    I invited him to drink a mug of coffee in the city and have a nice meal.
    He taught me some wise things and I cared for his stories.
    He was glad to see not all people were individualists and I was happy to see not all humans are material-minded.

11. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] after trying for a week, i finally cracked a logical problem in a perl script i've been writing. :square:

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

A very important friend of mine was able to overcome his depression, continue with his studies of Japanese, and get back together with his girlfriend.

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Going to Kane (dutch rock band) next week in Ahoy, just thinking about it makes me happy :)

14. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I got an A* in both my science and maths GCSE mocks, and I honest-to-God thought I had buggered them up! Wow!

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

A*!!! Wow, good on ya Yerril! :)

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Hugging Shell and Jack a couple of minutes ago before they went upstairs to bed :) .

17. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've found a guy, who may not like me as far as the whole dating thing goes, but has reaffirmed my faith that there are sweet, attractive, responsible guys out there.

18. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I stood up to the evil temptress! Man, I am the world's best pally!

:bigeyes:

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Watching my little boy (2.5 yrs) play in the snow, including pulling his sled back up the hill. Then we went to a Christmas light display, and stopped for ice cream and hot chocolate before bed. That was one tired (but happy!) spud.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I spent a weekend with my mother, and managed to not to get into any fights with her. It made me so háppy to just be with her. Most of the time me just fight.

Oh, and I got some new books, too. :)

Ara
    (Writing is fun...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.