1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smartest solutions

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by slienad laup, Oct 23, 2001.

1. slienad laup Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Reading the boards there are heaps of imaginative and innovative solutions that have been used to get through the hard battles (I used to think I was clever sending elementals against spiders) so lets hear (in a visual sense) your best. Don't be modest people you are the best at what you do.

Sleinad Luap
    PS that is not my name spelt backwards Paul Daniels was a cheesy (in a good way) british magician, he featured in one of Rowan Atkinsons monologues.

[Psst! You made a typo in your username...] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 23, 2001).]

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

the best thing ive ever done was walk an invisible, non detection aerie, with turn undead on, into a room teeming with vampies and turned them all into chunky gibbles

*pure genius* i thought!

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Invisible and then Turn Undead sounds cool but it is unneccesary. Aerie could have walked in the room and chunked them anyway, no need for invisible. If you are high enough level to chunk them then you do it pretty qucikly ;)

I use all kinds of tatics, always looking for new ones. But I will tell you what I saw an enemy Drow do in the Tavern fighting pits...she cast Blade Barrier and Sanctuary and just walked up to us. Pure Cleric Cheese and brought to you by the other side :p I must admit after seeing this I was inspired to try it. And I did, but it is pretty cheesy, no self respectable cleric should stoop to that ;) so I don't do that anymore.

4. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I like becoming invisible and blocking the door to the mind flawers so my archer who has chaotic commands can just shoot them one by one.

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The sanctuary thing works with turning undead as well...

Well, I use a lot of Greater Malison + Emotion and Chaos when facing a group of tough enemies, though I'm sure this is something most people do... :happy:

Arrows of Biting and/or Dispelling against mages is also a good tactic. The later can also be used to dispell an undesired effect on one party member, without removing all the nice protections the rest of the group have. A little damage rarely matters... :p

6. StressedE Gems: 15/31

lol, I've never used chaos or greater malison emotion once I think

7. Varzael Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] 1.Spell trigger=>Lower Resistancex3
    2.time stop+Improved Alacrity+happy casting!
    3.my best=>At the illithid lair:summon skeleton warriors,cast bless+chant,equip my party with missiles=>all the illithid target my skeletons which have 100% MR and the skeletons block the way while I cut thwem to ribbons with missiles from the back!Foul creatures!:evil:

8. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi,

Some spoilers below:

I like the Aerie turn undead idea, have to try that when I get to chapter 6. Aerie just didnt seem to have enough levels to really make full use of the turn undead feature earlier in the game.
    I was proud of my method for Kangaxx, Keldorn with that +5 sword, ring of ram, protection from magic scrolls, and the helm that casts simulacrum.
    Simulacrum duplicates all equiped stuff, the keldorn copy used its two scrolls and hence the original scrolls were unused. Kangaxx lich appears, is hit by traps from Yoshimo and Keldorn x2 +5 swords and dies.
    Demilich version appears and is hit by two +5 swords and two rings of ram. All over in two rounds.
    I have found a sequencer with greater malison, web and slow to be very effective with large groups of nasties.
    Breach followed by improved hasted fighters is very good with enemy mages.
    I have heard good things about project image, but haven't tried it yet, at the cost of one spell I could suddenly have a whole army of summoned creatures.

Cheers,

WittyNewt

9. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Yeah simulacrum is way (too) powerfull. I had two scrolls of timestop and some other scrolls and it is just WAY powerfull then

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I kinda like the Greater Malison+Death spell (perhaps in a Sequencer) tactic its good in the beginning anyway, when you progress its useless as most enemies have more than 60 hp :(. But i cant really recall any *spectacular* tactics/solutions i use. Im pretty straight-forward (unimaginative...?)ie. Mages cast various offensive spells and Fighters hack at the enemy.

11. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Is it possible to memmorise sic (can't spell) then place a scroll in your quick item slot, cast it from memory then have the clone cast it on, and that clone cast it, and so on??

12. StressedE Gems: 15/31

You mean simulacrum?
    Well, 1st of all. If the clone casts it from scroll the scroll is used and the next clone has a scroll less.
    2nd I believe the patched version only lets the first clone take the inventory with him.
    3rd I believe BGII will only allow you to have a maximum of 5 creatures / clones.

13. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And I believe that you can only have one simulacrum at a time.

14. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Want a clone? then use project image spell, excellent esp. when summoning your minions.

15. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Your mage can cast only one simulacrum at any given time, but the clone made by the spell isn't prohibited to cast it as well

16. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Here is a cheap tactic if you're spellcaster.
    First cast Project Image or an invisibilty spell of your choice.
    Then Cast Spell Immunity divination.
    Then people can no longer target you with spells.
    and if you're a thief mage you are in backstab heaven!

17. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Closing the door on an enemy.

Distracting an enemy with summoned monsters.

Greater Malison + Lower Resistance + Finger of Death.

Hiding somewhere where the monster can't fit (because of size). Think Dragon or Golem.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.