1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

So what do YOU do all day?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've noticed there are several of us (myself included, it would seem) who post here on a fairly regular basis, if not daily. The other day I was wondering if I was just a total slacker or what, but then realized I'm not the only one and got curious about what most of us do, occupation wise, that allows us to chime in every day and make the SP boards the wonderful treasure trove of useless knowledge we've all come to know and love.

I'm a graphic / web designer by trade, so I'm planted in front of a computer 8-12 hours a day. I keep SP up and running to get my head out of my work every hour or 2 to keep the day rolling along.

What's your excuse? And why do you like coming here so much? Do you have a job that allows you your...*ahem*...habit, or do you post from home?

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I work for Sprint in sales, so I spend all day calling customers, writing orders, dealing with e-mail. I have 2-3 customer facing appointments a day (usually), other than that I'm locked to the phone and computer.

This keeps me from cold calling ;)

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I'm the manager of SWQA for a small company in Philadelphia. We make an electronic data capture application that runs on handheld devices.

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm a student. Right now, I'm always at home studying, except when exams are taking place. My PC is on, playing music all day long (can't work without music) so I lurk on SP whenever I take a break.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I protect huge defenseless corporations from persons filing frivolous lawsuits!!!

I check in here often just to change the scenery a bit!

[ June 13, 2003, 18:20: Message edited by: Sir Belisarius ]

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If holidays are counted as a job then I wish I worked all day. :D :grin: :shake: And all night. :sleep:

Before holidays I used to be a high school student. So...

Oxymore, how can you study with music? I cannot concentrate.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm a stay at home mum and I come down to my mum's house every day. She lets me take a turn on the computer so that's when I post :)

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Monday to Friday I teach English and while the kids are working I post on SP. Saturday and Sunday I play with my kids and get yelled at by my wife. Sometimes I also play BG2. I eat a lot.

Sad, huh? Come summer, as I have said elsewhere, I will be playing so much BG2 my eyes will fall right out.

9. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ha! Me too LKD. :rolleyes:

10. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am a Systems Analyst at a major hardlines cooperative. I have to keep doing something at my PC just to keep awake after staying up until 1am playing NWN. I just try to swap out when my manager walks by, as he just did.....

I also check in at night and on weekends sometimes.

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm a student, studying Physiotherapy. (I, for one can't study without music :) too silent.) I come here to talk with those who have the same interests as me. Other than that, I practice Martial Arts (at the moment I'm focusing on my black belt in Judo) and enjoy listening to music. (varying from swing to powermetal)

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ahhh....having summers off...those were the days.

:( :sosad: :cry: :wail:

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I come on SP from when I get home at 6pm to when I go to bed at 10pm.
    If I get home at a normal time, 3:30pm, I will probably do some stuff on Odessy, read and play a few battles out on Esion

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    It's easier for me to check SP periodically through the work day than when I get home. Once I leave the office, it's about 5 hours before I can get back online (commuting, errands, dinner, son's bedtime, housework) and by that time, most people are asleep.

Hence my absence form the chatrooms. :(

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am a chartered accountant. I work for a small firm and am a generalist meaning that I do accounting, auditing and tax work. I normally go on-line every couple hours to give myself a break from looking at numbers all day.

When I get home from work I normally go on-line for about 1/2 an hour after dinner and then another 1/2 before I go to bed.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Like Sir Bel I protect huge defenseless corporations (who usually focus on real estate) from nasty little individuals who either won't go through with the deals they sign or something similar to that. I pop in from time to time during the day, as, like Rallymama, once home I tend to want to spend time with my family to the exclusion of all else. I may come back on later at night or play some form of RPG, but I am equally likely at that time to read a book, so most of my posts are 7:30 - 5:30 pacific time.

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I am a part time pupil, although I prefer to introduce myself as a "Guitarist Extraordinaire" :D .

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'm an university student. Vacation at the moment, so I have good time to post here. Especially since I didn't manage to find any summer job, like most of my class.

If you ever heard a finn saying something about being PA, it simply means he is "Perse auki" (without any money).

Anyone hiring? Just pay my rent, give me an apartment, and I'll fly aaaaall the way there (where ever the job is) :D

Seriously.

19. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Drunk bum.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Have you never been to #sorcerers or something? :D

I'm a paladin. Other than this, I study law at a university - from time to time ;) Rumour has it that studying is actually going to start taking us some time from September. We shall see. When we get sober after holidays, that is.

Sometimes I also do something that brings me money, preferably private classes.

For hobby I read books, play cRPG (can't say I roleplay :( ) and sometimes other kinds of games, program a bit, draw, write (rarely, but still something is present in CS)... Well, and I almost became an archaeology student, so this sort of interests also deserves a mention.

And I play chess. There's a big chance each time you see me in the chatroom that I could play some chess with you on Yahoo :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.