1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sola romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by blacklion, Mar 6, 2006.

1. blacklion Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'm playing a female elf ranger (Viccy look....) and I'm romancing Sola (got his moonblade...worth the trouble I guess!). Just a minor question....is it possible to add a 'romance music'? during his lovetalks? Is there something I have to add in the override folder?

2. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Doesn't he already have music? It's pretty soft though, its like the music you get in the 'wealthy' houses or temples (if I remember correctly, haven't played the Sola romance in a while).

3. blacklion Gems: 4/31

Yeah. But I was hoping I could say...insert Jaheira's love theme instead. :)

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It is the music of rich houses and high-quality inns.

If you wish to change the music, hmm it may be possible. But you will need some coding and moding skills I guess.

5. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It's very easy, actually:

Open Sola.baf in Notepad and replace all

Playsong(63)

with

Playsong(36)

Then reinstall the mod, and you will get Jaheira's love theme.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

This sounds sound advice, try it and tell us the results OK?

7. blacklion Gems: 4/31

did that...manipulated the lovetalk variables in my save....but it gives me the 'wealthy music' again....perhaps I'm supposed to start from scratch? ARRRRRGH! I'm already at TOB!!!!

Next Sola romance question:

I got the 'romantic' reward (that sword) in SOA, but for some odd reason, Sola doesn't have a 'wraith experience' in TOB. I never told him off. For some odd reason though, Jaheira's lovetalk appeared ONCE and I CLUA'd her romance variable to 3/nonromanceable. Did I do something wrong?

ALso, I never appeared to get any lovetalks from SOLA in tob. Is this normal?

8. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You shouldn't do anything with your save at all to change music. You should, however, *reinstall* the mod after you've changed the script.

9. blacklion Gems: 4/31

did that. edited the file as you said. reinstalled the Sola mod. Still got the 'wealthy' tune in my save. Maybe I'm really supposed to start from scratch. :(

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Aww it hurts when things do not come out as expected or hoped. Wish I could have helped ya. :cry:

11. blacklion Gems: 4/31

naaah. It's kewl. No need to sweat on it :)

I'm actually waiting for the big day the Sarevok romance mod goes live! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.