1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Quote from a song's lyrics. Others must then identify the artist and the title of the song.

You must wait until the poster accepts the answer than you can post another set of lyrics (unless you are 100% sure of your answer than you can post another one).

Please use English, as it is the only language all of the Sp-ers know.

If it's your turn, you must respond with a new quote within 1 day (24 hours) to keep the thread going. Otherwise the thread may be hijacked by the next available impatient jackass.

If the person who's quote you've responded to does not confirm that you are correct within 24 hours of your answer, you are then assumed correct by default, provided no one else chimes in with the correct answer within that time or disputes your answer.

[Edit: No bloody Googling or looking up the lyrics elsewhere, except if you own the album, disk or sheet music and want to confirm your memory. You can ask humans, though, because then you have to explain to them what you're doing and that you're looking for an advantage in a game with no money at stake and where you don't know any of the people except as gems or avatars -- up to you, but that's perfectly fine.]

Myth has this clue in place:

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

"A cheek was beckoned by a tear
    a hand on a sword and a whispering to hear
    a word never spoken
    a deed never done
    time now is near
    Farewell my son..."

Falkenbach - Farewell (or should I say Vratyas Vakyas :D )
    :evil:

3. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Right you are, Undertaker.
    Great band, great song. :D
    Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty kicks azz!!!

Edit:
    No need for that. Why would anyone do this anyway? Of what good is this game if not for scratching your head and bashing it in the desk because the goddamn quote sounds familiar?

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Damn I could have got that one, I just bought Falkenbach, Nest and Korpklanni (correct spelling?) last week.

5. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Huh? A new Fakenbach release? Must check this ASAP. Falkenbach seems to be one of the few bands who actually get better with each new album.

BTW, Cesard, do you like Finntroll "Nattfodd"?

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Bashing your head in the desk helps a lot :D
    and now:
    "The rows of the even planted old trees
    standing like the aged monuments of tradition
    passed on of the eternal rule of light
    immortal stigma and the chains for brain"

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

How is this for a coincidence, a guy at work just leant me an album and incidently its 'Melancholy' by Cemetary of Scream! The song is 'Dolor Ante Lucem'

@ Myth - Sorry I don't think there is a 'new' Falkenbach album, I only discovered this band fairly recently, so its new for me :D

I really should get some Fintroll albums as I like Ensiferum and Moonsorrow very much.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Lucky you are. Right song it is :D

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Cheers!

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow. Hello '80's. Cutting Crew, Died in Your Arms Last Night

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

all right dmc. it has been 24 hours since your post and Cesard the Fir Bolg did not confirmed so it's your turn

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yes DMC is correct. Your turn!

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

"Laughing on the bus
    Playing games with the faces
    She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
    I said be careful his bowtie is really a camera"

Simon&Garfunkel - America :D

(My parents are huge fans of S&G ;) )

15. dmc

Media:
    And we take you back to the metal show . . .

You're up Undertaker.

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

:D Metal is my kind of music. But I listen to other as well. Well my parents listen and I can't do nothing but listen to their music. But now:
    "Blindman, night is my world
    World facing great works
    I'm here
    time has come" :evil:

17. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Maybe the quote is a little bit too obscure?

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I don't think so. But the rest of the song is obscure.
    And since no one could guess it for almost 3 days, it is Kat - Metal And Hell

Maybe this will be less difficult:
    "I'd like to try to live my life again
    I'd like to see where I was going wrong"

EDIT: bosnus for the one who will post full lyrics ;)

[ July 13, 2005, 12:29: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

19. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Two days later, and still no takers.

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

All right it's Katatonia - Strained.
    The board is open. Be the first one to post something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.