1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sucking too hard on your *****,
    Oh love's gonna get you down,
    Sucking too hard on your *****,
    Oh love's gonna get you down.
    Say love, say love,
    Say love, say love,

The"*****" is the name of the song, not a curse word

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Big Toe by the Podophiliacs

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ooooh, close. But not quite.

This one is probably pretty hard. It's too bad people can't hear what I'm hearing, since it's been going around in my head for a while. Of course, they could just look elsewhere. (<-- hint)

5. Splunge

Media:
    Victory is mine!

OK, new song, new lyrics:

I've got to go out and make my way
    I might get rich you know I might get busted

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jet Airliner -- Steve Miller Band

7. Splunge

Media:
    Yes

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    The lunatic is in my head.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Pink Floyd - Brain Damage

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn dmc.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK - this might be tough because I'm not sure how popular this band was outside of LA. That said, I'll give a hint right away to get you in the correct direction. The band was late '80's, early '90's in the REM/10,000 Maniacs sort of genre:

What were you sayin'?
    Why does it hurt so bad?
    What were you doin'?
    Why does it hurt?

12. dmc

Media:
    Clearly not so much.

New song:

They took the credit for your second symphony.
    Rewritten by machine and new technology,
    and now I understand the problems you can see.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    I know the song and video, but am blank on the band....

14. Splunge

Media:
    Video Killed The Radio Star.

I want to say The Bangles, but that doesn't quite seem right.

15. dmc

Media:
    I have never heard the Bangles do a version of that song, so I would have to say that you are wrong.

16. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I think they are called The Buggles.

If I'm right and Splunge drops by before me, he can have the turn. I would never have known if he didn't name the song.

17. dmc

Media:
    They are called the Buggles. Splunge/Mesmero have it.

18. Splunge

Media:
    Wind
    In my hair
    Shifting and drifting
    Mechanical music
    Adrenaline surge...

I know of at least one person who will get this within a millisecond of reading it. :D

19. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Rush - Red Barchetta

Sorry dmc :p

20. Splunge

Media:
    dmc is the millisecond guy. Then there are the centisecond guys. :D

Mesmero is up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.