1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Here's a weird one:

This comes in handy a lot of the time.
    I can leave it home, when I think it's gonna get me in trouble,
    or I can rent it out, when I don't need it.
    But now and then I go to a party, get drunk,
    and the next morning I can't for the life of me
    remember what I did with it.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... oh damn. I should have had that one. It's been so long since I've listened to Deep Purple....

'Elric' would have been a good hint ... or Micheal Moorcock.

Don't know yours dmc.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Now to shock everyone that it's me getting this:

"Detachable Penis" by King Missle.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's the song.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IJ time.

Alright fellahs
    Let's goooooooooo!

Edit: that's gooooo as in move, not gunk. :D

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ballroom Blitz -- Sweet?

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yup.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Wow. Digging the name out from the cobwebs was difficult -- the song was there and going over and over and over, but the band....

Tell my wife I love her very much.

10. Splunge

Media:
    David Bowie - Space Oddity

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn Splunge

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Miss a day and I miss my shot for the next one...

Ah well...

13. Splunge

Media:
    Sorry, Gnarff, I probably jumped the gun a bit too fast (although 24 hours had gone by). It's just that this thread had been dormant for a few weeks, and I didn't want it to die again.

Anyway, this one's probably fitting for today:

I was working in the lab late one night
    When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

Song is easy; artist might not be.

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    Monster Mash -- the guy had a nickname of Boris....

15. Splunge

Media:
    Good enough...

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    The Foulest Stench Is In The Air

17. Splunge

Media:
    A complete shot in the dark:

Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road, by some guy whose last name is Wainright (or something like that)

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Good guess, but wrong. It's actually a spoken line in the song (and not spoken by the singer).

19. Splunge

Media:
    Ah, then that would be "I Think I Love You" by The Partridge Family

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    No again, but close on the guy speaking the lines -- Vincent Price (last names begin with a 'P').

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.