1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Soooo many book to choose!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lord_Of_Québec, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Lord_Of_Québec Banned

hello, I'm a (or I was since I've finished IWD II...sigh...) big fan of IE games and I want to begin to read "D&D" based book, but their are soooo many book, I pretty lost can you suggest me something, that I'll could like?

I love all of the IE game
    Also love LOTR (who didn't?)
    I also love story that's not the over used " Good vs evil, good win "
    I like story with good character, a good plot twist...

PS: I'm not new here, since I have to re-register... I don't know why but when I have updated my profile, I couldn't logg they saided that my password was wrong, and either of my old or new e-mail is known as " register " shess...
    I was "Dungeon_Master"

2. Rathanel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Although it's not technically set in the Forgotten Realms (or in any way, really) Dragonlance's Chronicles and Legends series are what every novel of that type aspires to be. Compelling story, well-developed characters, full use of the expansive world, and so on.

If you decide to stick with Forgotten Realms, Salvatore's novels pretty much set the mark for FR, in much the same way as Legends and Chronicles do for DL (although they aren't quite as well-developed [more of an action-oriented style]). Ed Greenwood is another good author in the FR, especially his Elminster books. The Harper Series (not sure if they've been broken up or not, but they used to be labeled as such) offers a wide array of talented authors and interesting characters.

Beyond the D&D realm, Raymond E. Feist, C. S. Friedman, Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind are all solid authors.

Just some suggestions.

3. Lord_Of_Québec Banned

thx, kinda weird it's been some time since I've post this and Taluntain (not sure about his name sorry tal^^) hasn't make a reply to buy those book at Sorcerer's Shop...

PS: do you know if those authors have translate their novel in foreing language like french?

4. Rathanel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm fairly certain that Jordan will have, though I wouldn't swear to it. Assuming that DL and FR in general have been translated, then I am sure that the specific titles I mentioned will also have been translated.

Perhaps perusing the publisher's website(s) and Amazon would yield the languages they have been translated into?

[EDIT: Oh, and buy at the Sorcerer's Place shop!]

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, France has their own Amazon branch and since I'm not affiliated with it it'd be pretty pointless for me to tell you to go buy from SP. (Since I assumed you would buy from the French Amazon, not the US, UK or DE branches that SP is affiliated with.) But if for some reason you want to: http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index.php ;)

And you should have contacted me about your login details, not registered a new name. I'm closing down this new one and mailing you the login details for the old one.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  6. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well these aren't based on D&D well yes they are in a way...any way I suggest the legend of the five rings series there are eleven books in the series the first seven are each based on a clan and the last four are based on the Emperor's children... very good books I highly recommend them...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.