1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place: The Movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Dateline: LA

With the block buster success of recent fantasy based movies Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, Hollywood producers are on the lookout for the next untapped resource of drama, with rich characters and a plot that 5 year olds can follow.

Producer Hacky Durham, under the inspration of 12 cans of Red Bull, went to his favorite search engine and typed "fantasy, character, plot, immature" and hit enter.

Results ranged from a live video from Mike Tyson biting his opponent's thigh to online catalogs featuring authentic replicas of Ginsu Knives. However, one link caught his eye ... www.sorcerers.net

The media buzz that followed shook America's Left Coast. Casting and plot development began immediately.

So far, the following has been released:

Taluntain will either be played by Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, or Haley Joel Osment.

Blackthorn TA's role was locked in by Christopher Walkin, who wants the ability to change the other actor's lines or kick them off the set at will.

Sharlp's role was handed to Jason Biggs (of American Pie fame) who was rumored to be related to the director.

Kitiara will be played by a wig-wearing Sarah-Michelle Geller.

Other roles for the film are Ashley Judd (Arwen); Gweneth Paltro (Xenecor); MTV's Mandy (Eliowen); Heath Ledger (Avahartar), Matt Damon (Lokken), and Aronold Schwartzenager (playing the dual roles of Belisarious and Mathetais).

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited January 30, 2002).]

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Big_B as himself, or perhaps Jim Carrey or Tim Allen, no other could do... :grin:

3. Arwen Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Why not make it a pseudo-documentary, like "Blair Witch"? No fights over who plays who then.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Tal's line in the thrailer, "I see spammers. They're everywhere!"

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

DragonRider SkyWard played by the long awaited return of Bob Sagit.

Hacky Durham, "Being the return of Bob I think that the money will be rolling in and every other star out shined by his brilence in not knowing how to spell..."

He goes on to say that Bob will most likly have an action figurer come out with the move. "Just think of it! A Bob with ever large pop corn!"

Though we highly belive that Bob will scare the kids, preteens, and teens it's going to be a hit with every one over 30.

Bob Sagit was unavable for comment. With all the police car around our suppicions are high. We'll keep you posted, for real!

6. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

The illustrious Extremist will be played by Robin Williams.

7. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] And Slith, soon to be living the rest of his short life in agonizing pain will be played by himself. :p

8. Ooooh! Let Brad Pitt play Sir Yerril, a handsome, dashing, blonde knight who keeps tripping over kittens. He could be the comic releif, with a running gag of tripping over kittens.

He'll say hilarious one liners! He'll sing the feelgood song at the end! He'll do something completely unexpected towards the final showdown! Please! I look just like him! Think of the comedy!!!!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hehe Mathetais, you cheer me up. :p

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL. That's great Mat! :D :heh: :happy: :D

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is a good topic Mathetais. Good idea!

I think I should be played by John Goodman :D
    That really fits me. A failed lurker that has been drawn into the dangerous addiction of spam.

12. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Mathetais: I just have one question for you.

Gywneth Paltrow? :p

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited January 31, 2002).]

13. jesper898 Guest

cool post mat:)

14. Hm... DIDN'T THEY NOTICE ME?!?!?!?! ;) :grin: :evil:

I bet whats-her-name the 14 y/o actress from Harriet the Spy and Buffy the Vampire could play me ;) If possible... are there a lot of 12 y/o actresses out there?!?!?!

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Who plays me?

/me shrugs

I haven't seen ONE fourteen-year-old dark-haired, tan actress.

Can I be an actress? ;)

16. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mollusken, the mysterious ranger of the dark woods, will be played by himself. He doesn't say much though.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    LMLO, Matheias!

Hmmm... For me they could just get the original model for Jabba the Hutt :)

Ara
    (Isard-wannabe and fed up with biology...)

{Edit: Had a typo in "laughing my lungs out"}

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited January 31, 2002).]

18. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Since all of us with custom Avaatars get parts... Who beter to play me than Jason Mews!! The talkative Half of Jay and Silent Bob... And of course Keven Smith would HAVE to be there... Just for balance!! :grin:

:borg: oh and, note to Mat:
    For posting this you are my new god... expect dayly prayers :grin: :evil: :grin:

[This message has been edited by ShadowDaemon (edited January 31, 2002).]

19. sorvo Guest

I'm still waiting on a reply from Matthew Brodrick, but he doesn't want to loose the hair:)

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] The Director apologizes for anyone who was not named or given an actor / actress to fit them. Please remember that the director was under the influence of many, many Red Bull energy drinks, Starbucks coffees, and Protien Bars (the breakfast of champions).

One further update ...
    At the press junket for this up coming film, Billy Crystal surprised the world by announcing that he was going to play the role of Elminster. He is quoted as saying,

"I think I'm perfect for the part. My unquie mixture of drama and comedy fits the Elminster personality exactly. I'm especially looking forward to my first on-screen death scene, when some unknown spammer takes me by surprise at a moment of weakness, and registers my name out from under me. It's a little bloody for a PG-13 movie, but the kids will love it."

Look for the upcoming spin-off Romantic Comedies, "When Elminster met Mystra" starring Billy Crystal and Martha Stewart as Mystra .... and, "You've got Spam!" with Meg Ryan playing the role of Darien.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.