1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Future Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] As you've probably heard if you hang around SP regularly, SP will be getting a new design in the foreseeable future. Nothing too fancy, just better organized and easier for me to work with. (The reasons for change and purely technical, not whimsical.)

I already have a few ideas about what I'll do differently this time around, but I don't have anything radical in mind. It'll be more of an evolution than a revolution. Specifically, I want to implement a script that will allow people to post their own (short) reviews/comments on all of the books listed on SP, and probably expand the subsection with a bit of info on every book. This is just what's sitting on top of my mind.

If you have any other suggestions, comments, requests, etc. - post them here! I can't promise it'll all get implemented, but I'll read through everything and if it's feasible and reasonable I might just wind up doing it.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You know I must "press" something you won't like. :p
    But, here goes...

SP is d&d site and there is no question about that.
    However, you know better than me that visitors on SP don't play only d&d RPGs.

What I wanted to suggest before...
    To actually DO before...
    ... was to make some FAQs/Walkthroughs for some nice old non-d&d RPGs and post them on the boards!
    (for example Anachronox, yes, there is NO decent complete walkthrough for this on the net)

I know. The boards can't accept that amount of information.
    So now again I beg, and beg, and beg. Give us a part of the site to submit FAQs on other RPGs.

Yea, I know, same old "no". But I've tried...
    But no to you too, I won't submit anything to lame GameFAQs site!

[ September 21, 2002, 19:43: Message edited by: Extremist ]

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think a forum clock might be useful. Also an idea that will be a definite no (but I'm saying anyway) a lil' area where the SP community can post artwork and stuff, it's probably a lame idea though...

4. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Tal - perhaps this function is availiable already, but anyhow... you should add the ability to get emailed whenever any chosen topic is replied to, not just the ones you've started.

Also, I agree with Extremist, but ironically I'm a little more extreme. I realize that here we stand in the Dungeons and Dragons Site of Ownage, but I think you should expand to a few more games and unrestrict it. Maybe go for slam-bang RPGs of all genders, regardless of Dungeons and Dragons settings. You know, add forums and download spots for games like Fallout and Morrowind and all the RPGs that get mentioned a bunch in the Playground, but have no sway in the general course of things. Undoubtably you've received this argument way too much, so I'll shut up.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] People, I'm asking for suggestions for SP - The Website, not these boards... The boards continue to get updated on a regular basis, and mostly any features you can come up with will be integrated in future versions.

Extremist, well, I *could* dedicate a small section of SP to games that wouldn't actually be covered extensively, but users could submit their own work for them... But then, besides yourself, I doubt anyone else would have anything to contribute.

On the artwork... I thought about doing it, but then people would send in everything from crap to actually good work, but I'd have to post everything or they'd be offended... So I scratched that idea some time ago.

And finally, no, SP *will not* cover other CRPGs for as long as there are enough D&D CRPGs around. Not because I hated all others, but because this site is totally focused on these games. Any links I have going here are from similar sites, and all search engine info is for D&D games only. (Which means the amount of people coming to SP for anything else but D&D games is minute.) Finally, I barely have time to play the D&D games covered on SP, let alone any others. And I couldn't do any real coverage on games I don't play.

Anyway, do keep the suggestions coming, but keep in mind what I said above.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] How about a PnP section? It is a D&D site after all...

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

But, just what is SP then?... The boards are D&D, but there are Fantasy books and games outside of the boards... :confused:

[ September 22, 2002, 11:32: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

I agree with Extremist. I would add things to it if you added it on. I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly extended movies section either. i can contribute to that if you like?

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Sure, PM me. Since Gash disappeared, no one's working on the movies bit.

Anyway, I was expecting more suggestions than this. I realize SP is close to perfection, but surely there's room for improvement? :p

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Hmm, how about having the general colour more... brown..? ;)

11. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This may sound a bit unreasonable, but how about a general FAQ or subsection to bring in more p&p players or introduce pen and paper D&D rules and information to a greater extent. 3rd ed rules can be confusing to even the more experienced players. Being a DM, I have to do it all the frikkin time

I used Sorcerers for over a year before even venturing to the forum. The front end of Sorcerers is powerful in terms of the amount of relevant content and the exclusion of bogus crpg's - Diablo 2, Dungeon Siege. (hack'n slash and rpg is not the same thing- to me at least)

It could be a good focus point.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Yes, that's been on the list of wants for a long time, and keeps popping up... But I never got around to doing it, there was always enough game content to keep me occupied. So yes, this is on my to-do list, but is likely to remain there a while longer...

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You should have one page with a link to all of the forums. It gets very annoying sometimes!

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

reepnorp: like this?

15. MagnusMagus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

16. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] LMAO off at that second link!!!!

:eek: :lol: :eek:

Man that is some talent. The Jim Carrey portrait is classic! OOH and a Shannon Elisabeth portrait. Damn this is good stuff. My compliments to the artist(s).

17. MagnusMagus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There is only one artist at the Portrait Portal, and yeah- he is VERY talented :)
    I like the Keanu Reeves one myself :)

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] So what do those sites have to do with the topic? Anything that isn't on topic will be deleted in the future. :toofar:

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oh, never mind, and thanks man!

20. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is there any way we could perhaps help with the suggestion on core rules I've just made? I'm sure that there are enough people willing to help set something up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.