1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just a bit of a laugh.
    If you could vote 10 people as your favourite posters, who would they be? They don't really have to be in any particular order, just name your top 10.
    Mine (not in any particular order):

1. Pac Man - I like this bloke alot. Nice guy
    2. Harbourboy - Nice guy. Opinions on sport, just like me. Needs to like England more! ;)
    3. Takara - Nice bloke
    4. Sarevok* - I find him funny. Not in a patronising or nasty way, just controversially funny. And down to earth and very genuine.
    5. Master of Nuhn - Seems like a nice guy and well respected
    6. Beren - Fair moderator. Fair guy.
    7. Seayer - Very friendly, generous and genuine. Top bloke.
    8. Taluntain - Pretty much single handedly made SP what it is today.
    9. Death Rabbit - Friendly bloke. And funny.
    10. Neeraj the Freak Paladin - Friendly lad.

And yours oh lovely friendly people :D :lol: ?...

(Barmy army!! *clap clap*)

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

With no particular order:

1.Splunge
    2.dmc
    3.Death Rabbit
    4.Ragusa
    5.Harbourboy
    6.Joacqin
    7.Chandos
    8.BTA
    9.Iago
    10.Darkwolf (I know that he doesn't post any more, but I miss this guy, he has always managed to push all my red buttons)

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    #1 - Arabwel
    #2 - Sorvo
    #3 - Spellbound
    #4 - Deathmage
    #5 - Octara
    #6 - Slithy...I mean Dareth :D
    #7 - Rotku
    #8 - Takara
    #9 - Beren
    #10 - Chevalier

Well, those aren't in very good order, but there you go. :rolling:

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    #1 - Rallymama (Arrr!)
    #2 - KiltedCrusader (Arrr! me sides be splittin')
    #3 - Barmy Army (nutty poster)
    #4 - Falstaff (Always makes me chuckle)
    #5 - Jaguar (His Splunge taunts are always a laugh)
    #6 - Aldeth (Love those polls)
    #7 - Death Rabbit (Wit, and wordy poster extraordinaire)
    #8 - Splunge (Is almost as bad as Jaguar. Makes me laugh a lot)
    #9 - Kitrax (keeping those cheesesmongers at bay)
    #10 - Harbourboy (Like to see what totally random guess he makes in the quote games next ;) )

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, nothing like a thread that alienates the people who don't get picked! Elitism - brilliant! Anyway, here's my contribution to making people feel left out (in no order):

* Splunge (chooses song-quotes that I have heard of)
    * Takara (always positive)
    * Taluntain (leaving aside all the good work he does behind the scenes, his hard line on dodgy / idiotic posts are always good value)
    * Rotku (always happy!)
    * Barmy Army (needs to take that red and white patch off one of his eyes so he can see the worl more realistically)
    * Aldeth (seems to think before he posts)
    * Aldazar (always has a funny story about some strife in his life)
    * Abomination (another opinionated Kiwi)
    * Chevalier (can always count on him for a long winded opinion)
    * BOC (2004 has been the year of the Greeks)

To anyone I missed, you really should have tried harder.... :p

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Not to diminish what Tal has done, but saying that is sorely under appreciating the many people who have helped make the site what it is today.

Edit: And having thought about it for a while, here's my list (though odds are I've forgotten a few people):

Dareth/Slith/Vimes
    Darien
    Extremist
    Herf
    Nobleman
    SC
    Shralp
    Sir Belisarius
    Sir Yerril
    Tiamat

[ October 25, 2004, 00:31: Message edited by: Wildfire ]

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah, that list brings back memories Wildfire. Which of those are still somewhat active anywhere on SP?

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sir Bel and Dareth are still around, Nobleman makes appearances every once in a blue moon on the boards, and Tiamat hung around in the chatroom until fairly recently.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    as far as I know, Tia is having banned-by-parental-figures type of access problems...

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Wildfire's right on the me "Pretty much single handedly made SP what it is today." topic. Most of the people who contributed greatly to SP are listed on the Staff page, though that list is not complete by far (Beren is getting added shortly). There are many people who do or did a lot for SP (like Extremist), or Sir Bel (the US SP fund manager), who has been instrumental to the smooth operation of SP. Then there is also every person who ever donated to SP, or bought anything through the SP links - in some way, these people deserve the most credit for SP still being around and independent. And not to mention the people who contributed content to SP in one way or another. And so on...

So I can only take credit for so much. SP really is a community effort in every aspect.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    Why, whatever could you mean Harbourboy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Takara: My hero! :cool:
    Dalveen: I suppose I may as well stick him on the list.
    Octara: Actually quite funny when she isn't stabbing me.
    Firey: Complete prat, but I like 'im.
    Hugo: Another prat, but I like 'im as well.
    Deathmage: A pitiful wretch due to his bad chat up lines, but he deserves a spot anyway ;)
    Aik: Always does a great RP!
    Rally: Well... it's Rally ain't it :D
    Spellbound: but only when she's not kicking me out of the FAI with baseless accusations! :p
    Death Rabbit: I've never seen a post where he hasn't made me laugh.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, my top 10 was based on Boards O' Magick posters and therefore excluded such #sorcerers luminaries as Deathmage, Dareth, Octara, and Sorvo who don't really seem to post much on the Boards these days.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I still post sometimes, I'm usually busy stabbing KC though :p

1) Taluntain - for rather obvious reasons
    2) Extremist - Though he doesn't post here anymore
    3) Chevalier - Simply because you can't miss him ;)
    4) Spellbound - Keeping order in the Inn
    5) Blackthorne TA - I still refer to Lothar in PS:T as BTA :xx:
    6) Slith - The blue hands and the sarcasm :D
    7) Arabwel - The Typo Queen is famous!
    8) Deathmage - Target Practice for all of SP
    9) Aikanaro - Freeform Fighter.
    10) Sorvo - pronounced B-E-E-R

15. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I don't post as often as most people here. So this is more based upon stellar performance in the chatroom. Which you all should visit sometime.

1) Taluntain - Owner, Alpha, and Omega of the site, pretty clearly deserves top spot.
    2) Wildfire - Probably one of the funnier people I've ever spoken to, online or off.
    3) Tiamat - Sadly doesn't post so much any longer.
    4) Chandos the Red - Good debater, regardless of whether I agree with him or not.
    5) chevalier - Keep those meter-length posts coming!
    6) Octara/8people - Funny in a difficult to describe way.
    7) Sorvo - "Ale! I need ale!"
    8) Grey Magistrate - Thought-provoking posts.
    9) Deathmage - Heartwarmingly cute posts, in a sort of kitten-walking-into-a-wall way.
    10) Big B - Optimistic in a fearfully persistent fashion.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, my favourite has to be --- ME! The rest of you suck. :p

Well, okay, if I have to come up with something:

Death Rabbit – great combination of humour and fur.
    Dmc – we can sometimes control the Song Game for days!
    Grey Magistrate – extraordinarily eloquent, and always sounds rational (even when he doesn’t know wtf he’s talking about. :p )
    Aldeth – very analytical, and as Harbourboy said, always seems to think things through (even when he’s wrong :p )
    Harbourboy – just “because”
    Jaguar – he’s not afraid to put me in my place. (Rotten little punk.)
    JSBB – like Aldeth, but he’s Canadian (and therefore better by default. :p )
    Tal, BTA and Beren – because I’m sucking up

Honourable mention #1 – I wish ArtEChoke posted more, because he can come up with some zingers that absolutely crack me up.

Honourable mention #2 – pretty much everyone else. I wouldn’t stick around here if I only enjoyed a few posters. :thumb:

17. Barmy Army

Media:
    I only get put in with the plebs in Honourable Mention #2???

Hey, I did make this friggin' thread you know! :lol: :lol:

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually, no. I said "pretty much" everyone else. You didn't make the cut. :p

(j/k, but that's what you get for leaving me off of your list :lol: )

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ah well, fair play!

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hmmm. Most are drawn from AoDA and the various quote games, which is where I tend to lurk:

Splunge - My oldie homie who has the proper respect for Rush

Death Rabbit - I just generally like what DR has to say about most things, plus, he's funny and furry

Aldeth - All around good guy - very earnest and good posts

Taluntain - If for nothing more than the language under the IoTW plaques

BTA - He and I not only live relatively close to each other, we seem to think alike -- scary, plus, I like his sense of humor

Ragusa - Because, even though he's fairly rabid, he does it in a mostly intelligent and thought-provoking manner

Chandos - The same, only less rabid (not less thought provoking)

Shralp - Although he no longer posts (we need not get into that), he was the self proclaimed right-wingedest [or something like that]. He was anti-Ragusa and I liked him for the same reasons, only he had a crazy/funny sense of humor to go along with it

---- Grey Magistrate/Hacken Slash/Darkwolf are all just Sauron to his Morgoth -- sorry guys

BOC - Man knows his 70's and 80's hard rock, gotta respect that

JSBB - Guy knows more crappy TV and movies than I do, WOW!

Honorable Mention goes to . . . . . . Boo the Great, because he was so darned stupid that plenty of us got some amazing joy at teeing off on his posts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.