1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spectral harpists

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by plasma, Jan 29, 2002.

1. plasma Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Are there any consequences to killing the spectral harpists? After asking them all the questions with my good party wearing the amulet, I decided to attack them. I was curious to see how tough they were. With my paladin wielding Carsomyr, they were pretty easy. They confused Aerie, but other than that, I was unscathed. Each one was worth 9000 XP. I'm now worried about continuing from this point or should I reload and not kill them. I'm trying to do the Jaheira romance. will killing them screw that up or effect the plot in any way?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, it doesn't have any consequences at all. At least I didn't notice any...

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] *gasps* You killed the spectral harpists?!?!

In all my games I've never done such a thing. I need to be more dangerous next time through :p.

4. The consquences are experience points. That and the possibility that half your party might run around in panic after the battle's over, and you have to wait till they can calm down so you can save.

5. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

First time around, I didn't even find the amulet until after clearing out the upstairs. I was curious you know. Don't go upstairs they said. Dangerous they said. Well hey we piled in. Red rag to a bull that was.

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

I think he could justify killing them. After all, they're unnatural creatures and killed Monty! Besides, think of the experience :D:evil::D

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've tried killing just about anyone. I even killed Ribald once

8. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

When Jaheira returned to the Harper hold (after we'd killed Galvarey), the spectral harpists were still there. When I found her upstairs, the harpists were red and Jaheira immediately attacked them (running default script). I figured, hey, if the harper attacks them, it must be okay. Certainly it shouldn't negatively affect my romance with her if I help her kill them, right?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.