1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spell Immunity - I need a scroll or two

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Viking, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Anywhere to buy these in Chapter 2/3? I can't say I've looked before, but I've had some problems getting Kangaxx right with the Undead Protection giving the bastard immortality and no change to demilich.

So to avoid that problem I need a scroll since I've left this till my last spell pick for level 5. Now I don't think thats for another 3 or so levels, so scroll has to be the order of the day.

I also would like to know how he's cast imprisonment after i used a scroll of Magic Protection on him? Clever boy, but I'm sure the description says no magic in or out?

2. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I can't help with a scroll of Spell Immunity, but if you have Protection from Undead, you could cast it after he makes the transition from Lich to Demi-Lich. Obviously you would need to get the spell off quickly to stop him using Imprisonment, though you might be able to distract him with some summoned creatures. Alternatively, you could cast Protection from Magic on yourself (or whichever character is going to beat him up).

3. Lord Sarevok Guest

Try prowling the streets of athkatla at night. There are many theives that sell very good scrolls that I never noticed before...

4. Viking Gems: 19/31

I had to give up on the idea of battering him to death with the Staff of Magi. Simply wasn't happening.

Loads of summoned critters took the lich down with the help of some spellstriking, and then protection from undead when the skull rose. 2 lots of energy blades, then wham! with the ring of the Ram. Robert's your father's brother. :)

This sorcerer will hit the cap long before TOB. Jon Irenicus, you're history.

5. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I know, I had the same problem with the Staff of the Magi. Even with Draw Upon Holy Might, Haste, and Protection from Undead, I still couldn't beat him down fast enough to overcome his regeneration with my solo m/t. So I'm going to leave him, go to Spellhold, and come back when I've found a scroll of Tenser's Transformation.

6. Viking Gems: 19/31

There's a scroll of Tenser's somewhere in the unseeing eye quest. I think it's in the beholder lair.

I also think there's one sold by the thief in the Bridge District at night. Outside Ned's place.

Problem is you don't get the attacks per round. Still, the thac0 will be invaluable tho'.

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited February 06, 2002).]

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You sure that wasn't one of the random scrolls?

8. Viking Gems: 19/31

Possible it might have been a random one, but most of the random scrolls appear to be level 2 and 1, not that good.

Don't think I've got a save to recreate from, I just wizzed (literally) through it last night using quick saves all the way through. Thus, sorry, but I can't check.

9. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If memory serves, there is a spell immunity scroll in the spider den(Lower tombs- Graveyard District).

10. Red Baron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Actually, I found 2 total scrolls of protection from magic (the green ones) through the whole game.
    I used one for each demi-lich and cant help but wonder thats why I could only find 2(?)

So with Kangaxx, attack till he changes to demi-lich, use scroll on your main fighter and blast him to bits - was really quick and easy that way and I didnt cast any other protective spells.

[This message has been edited by Red Baron (edited February 20, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.