1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spring Training at last

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by DarkStrider, Feb 17, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

[​IMG] So Spring training is about to start and through this the World Baseball Classic. What are your hopes, aspirations for your teams this year? Does anybody care that after shooting himself in the foot again Sammy Sosa is without a club?

For me I'm looking forward to the season with more hope than last season. I'm a Mets fan and I was well pleased with our winning season last year. We've made some interesting changes in personnel, getting hold of Carlos Beltran, big big gain for the club and batting lineup.

For me this season we have three main areas to improve on if we wish to compete
    1. Errors - we made too many unforced errors last season and the two seasons before that
    2. First Base - this position has to be stronger we were overal the worst in this position in the league last year.
    3. Hitting runs - we have to do better hitting runs in, I'm not sure but I think we lead the league on runners left on base last year, it's got to get better.

By the end of Spring training before the season starts those interested should post their predictions for leaders at the all-star break, division winners and wildcard winners and of course world series winners. I'll have a think and post mine soonish

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    DS - Better hope Pedro's toe is a minor thing or the Mets will be mired in mediocrity.

3. DarkStrider

It depends how the special shoe goes! As usual the Mets pitching isn't that great but you get used to that as a Mets fan :D

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was a Mets fan during the Tom Seaver, John Matlack days, where pitching wasn't the problem, hitting was. Now, I just can't be bothered to follow the comings and goings of the free agents to figure out who is on any particular "team." Spring training just means the yawning is about to really begin in earnest.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Darkstrider - my you're a strange one. You're the only European I've ever come across that was really into American sports. You root for (at least that I know of) the Giants in football and the Mets in baseball. I find this so unusual.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's freaks in every breed, Aldeth :lol:

:thumb:

7. DarkStrider

And I've been to Shea and Giants stadium as well as the old Dolphins ground, but to me baseball is a psychological game similar to cricket and football is just football. :)

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey, I've been ranting about the lack of tv air of major american sports for years!
    Because of that, I just can watch some sporadic games, for that reason, I don't know much about names and how teams play, I just can't judge a team over watching some few games of them.
    My major teams? Mariners; Dolphins; Penguins; Suns... oh, Jeff Bodine, Al Unser Jr, Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace :grin:

Felix Hernandez is a good pitcher prospect for Seattle, so this year, maaaaybe we, I mean, they go farther...

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

RED SOX BABY!

Our management screwed us over for the next 3 years, so expect us to place 3rd or worse for the next three years. Then maybe we'll make the playoffs.

I'm dissapointed in Theo, and his ex-temporary replacements. They did well, and then erased everything by trading Mota, Marte, and Shoppach for Coco Crisp and nothing else (basically). Bye bye Words Series for 86 more years.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.