1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars: Attack of the Rankings!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, May 16, 2002.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Here's my ranking of all the Star Wars films thus far:

1) Star Wars: A New Hope (the first and best IMHO)

2)Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

3)Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (Almost knocked ESB off the #2 spot!!! Maybe if I see it again...)

4)Return of the Jedi

5)The Phantom Menace

Where do you rank the films? Chime in once you've seen EpII!!!

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. Return of the Jedi

The others are crap.
    So tell me, what kind of person can love anti-space opera?

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

1. Star Wars
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Star Wars Holiday Special
    5. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
    6. Phantom Menace

I haven't seen Clones yet. I figure it will be 3 or 4.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Extremist how can you say The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope are crap? What elements exist in Return of the Jedi that are lacking in the others?

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The multitude of muppets of course!!! Extremist's first choice for a nick on these boards was "Ewok" ...but sadly, it was taken!!! ;) :p

6. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*cannot* believe no-one has placed empire at the top of their lists yet!

1. empire
    2. jedi
    3. new hope
    4. clones
    5. menace

have only seen 'clones' once so far and really liked it, might go up my chart. definitely better than menace.

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

*cannot* believe that anyone would put Jedi over New Hope. Ewoks?

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Phantom Menace

Star Wars Spin Offs:
    1. Great Ewok Adventure
    2. Battle for Endor
    3. Holiday Special

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Bel, ROTFL! :grin:

I posted that because I don't see how can one even rank those movies between themselves. All of them are at my top and at the same place. The ranking would be ok, if you've put other SF movies. Yes, yes, even the outstanding Final Fantasy noone liked because it efficiently deals the maniacal generals and such people on high places generally. Your idols. And noone likes touching their idols.

Ooh, I see you place The Phantom Menace at the bottom.
    But I love JarJar Binks, I love the non-realistic Anakin kid there, I love poor jedi dialogs there, I love immaturity there, I love EVERYTHING there.
    Too bad you don't see that the same things you say you don't like in The Phantom Menace your parents also said they don't like in "older" trilogy - when it was released.

10. Ranger Bill Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

1.Empire
    2.New Hope
    3.Jedi/Clones Damned if I can decide which is better yet, I'll have to see it again
    4.Phantom

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Extremist - Phantom Menace isn't at the bottom of my list because of Jar-Jar. True, I didn't care for his character very much, but that's not my gripe with Episode One...My issue, is with the Force, and the way it was portayed.

Turning the mystical powers of the Force into nothing more than a bunch of microscopic parasites hitching a ride on people's cells pissed me off! I prefer it to be more intangible and more difficult to explain.

I liked little Anakin's performance in EP1, he was an almost sickly sweet little kid, which gives even more power to his character when you think about who he becomes. I think that subtlety was lost on many of the viewers when it first came out.

12. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1. Empire
    2. Clones
    3. Hope
    4. Jedi
    5. Menace

Sorry but i think after another viewing it could beat empire........you just have to get over the fear of anything beating the origionals and realise that that episode 2, really is, the greatest achievement of cinema ever............well apart from peewee's great adventure of course.......

PS. On the official site 37% of the hardcore fans who had seen Clones at the midnight showing thought it better than all the others!

13. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'm going to second Sapiryl's list.

1 - Empire
    2 - A New Hope
    3 - Jedi
    4 - Clones
    5 - Menace

Anyone who thinks the new movie is better than Empire needs to watch them both again and then get their head examined.

14. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

I second Sir B's ratings, with intermittent switches between SW and ESB, I can never decide. E1 sucked. ROJ was only so-so, kind of half and half. AOC/E2 was pretty good. The pace became irritating at times ("love" scenes messing up the action oriented narrative), the acting was generally bad, but only a Lucas production can combine mediocrity with excellence so well. And yes, the whole "metichloriate" deal was stupid (E1). "I've never seen so many metichloriates...".

Pluses for AOC: Awesome geneological deal with Jango/Boba Fett, probably my all time favorite SW character ever. Almost forgot-when Obi talks with Jango, and Jango's like almost all up in his face? I'm like, Jango, dude, step off, Obi gona slam some Jang.

More insight into the Sith scene.

Finally an answer as to how the Empire was able to hire all those dumb Stormtroopers who just run into danger shooting from the hip.

Just who the hell Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru really were..."I was jus' hangin' out, ya know, cleanin' the moisture 'vaporaters, and here come this shany chrome ship out-a-da skyyy wit' a Jedi, a senator, and a couple a' droids.. Damndest thang I ever seen...Landed right in the back forty."

Unanswered SW questions...

Why did Obi Wan allow Darth Vader to kill him so easily in SW? (No lame answers like "he read the script" or "because he didn't want to fight his old student"...Anyone have any real answers?)

Who is the dude who tells 'Vader to chill in SW, he looks like Vincent Price, he's like an Imperial mastermind/commander guy. He interrogates Leia with 'Vader. How is it he trumps Vader? Whats the Empirial Organizational scheme? He's not a Jedi or anything, just some Nazi lookin' freak. What's the E-inside story here?

[This message has been edited by Orkrist the Cleaver (edited May 18, 2002).]

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont know how played him but that was Grand Moff Tarkin in the movies. The Grand Moffs had superiour authority in they territories, sort of like governors. He didnt outrank Vader but this was his turf so to speak. Vader was only the emperors personal agent I dont think he had any offical office. This is idle speculation mixed with half forgetten memories from a SW encyclopedia so I might be way off.

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

He is played by Peter Cushing - a great friend and collaborator of Christopher Lee.

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] 1. Empire (i love those AT AT 's curse the rebels for blowing them up)
    2. New hope
    3. Jedi
    4. Phantom
    5. I haven't seen Clones yet but it won't have to do much to beat phantom for me.

18. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Orkrist - Here's my take on Obi-Wan's death. I think he knew he was trapped and prepared himself to become a spirit so that he could help Luke continue his training. I think that's why you won't see Qui-Gonn come back as a spirit in any of the other movies.

Qui-Gonn didn't prepare himself for the transition to the spirit realm (or whatever you want to call it)he was focused on the moment and when he was killed by Darth Maul, he just died. As opposed to Kenobi and Yoda, both of them prepared themselves and chose their time to go. I don't know if I explained it well enough, but that is my take on it...

The scene with Jango and Kenobi on Kamino was awesome!!! You could feel the tension between the two during their dialogue. I thought that was one of the best scenes in the film!!!

19. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] *cannot* believe anyone would put a new hope over empire! ;)

admittedly the ewoks weren't great -the original muppets in space. 'jedi was the first film i saw (born in '79!). also, after seeing a new hope and empire i thought luke was really cool in ep6. especially when vader takes him to meet frank and he's tempted by the dark side, followed by anakin's redemption. i think those scenes outweigh the endorian blip.

20. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

1. A New Hope.

I did not like Empire Strikes Back, it was too dark and dull for my tastes.

Return of the Jedi was good, except for the damn ewoks. If the Empire's best troops, armed with Laser Rifles, cannot defeat a rag tag ban of ewoks armed with spears and rocks, they would have fallen a long time ago.

Phantom Menace was just plain pathetic. Somebody teach those people how to act, my 9th grade forensics class could act better with 5 mins of prep time.

Attack of the Clones had about 30 to 45 mins of good footage the whole movie. The first hour and 30 mins, where people were talking, was horrible. The general acting and romance dialogues was pathetic. The lightsaber duels and battle scenes at the end were cool and well done.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.