1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars Episode 3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, May 5, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

This topic is dedicated to Big B. Even though he is seeing X-Men 2, he'll be dreaming of lightsabers. So I did some digging and found a little Star Wars Episode III trivia.

Want more, click here

Any other comments on Ep3?

2. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you read any of the star wars books Chewbacka is suddenly a less interesting character. I just *hate* it when authors decide to kill classic chars. Anyways, Star wars EIII better be a blast to make up for the other two movies :)

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really hope so too. The bad acting and (some) bad dialogue really killed it for me. I still liked it, but was a bit disappointed sadly. Not even a Yoda lightsaber duel could overshadow the turd-bomb that was Hayden Christensen. He really sucked. There are a lot of actors his age that could've done a better job. Hell, if the X-men movies can find decent teenage actors, you would think that George "King of Sci-fi" Lucas could pull somebody decent out of his ass for such an important role. The kid who plays Iceman, or even Pyro in X2 were better than him.

4. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hayden seemed waaay too stiff and boring. No personality.

Now Christopher Lee as Darth Tyranus. NOW HE ROCKED. I thought the way he beat the force out of Anakin and Obi-Wan was freaking great. Goes to show, the classical style of swordsmanship will always win over the "slash wildly about" style.

I'm such a Tyranus mark I even picked up all the figures. Anyone see the Tyranus Unleashed one? Goddamned awesome man.

I think it was on Sir Steve's site (the url escapes my memory) but there was a picture of a heavily armed fellow called Durge. He had the Mandorlorian (Spelling?) logo in purple on the center of his body armor. Anyone know who he is?

btw, check out Star Wars Bounty Hunter. Great fun

5. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I personally didn't like the last movie- I pretty much paid 15 $ to see yoda with a light saber. Again, hopefully eIII will be much better.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Heh, thank you for the nod Mat. Yes, this is recent news for Episode III. It was announced first on the official SW site which means Lucas had to OK the release of this info, so that means it's legit and not a spoiler really, just a freebie.

Nobody knows the extent of this character's role in E3. Your guess is as good as mine. Although I'm excited.

And I only had one SW moment during X2 :p . It was when (wait let me think here, there were *a lot* of characters) ah yes, it was when Wolverine and Jean Grey were together at night (when the jet had landed and they were around the campfire with Magneto and Mystique) and Cyclops wasn't around. It was a Han and Leia Empire Strikes Back-esque moment, with Luke out of the picture.

BTW, I really liked Anakin in AOTC.

[C-3PO]Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior.[/C-3PO]

[Han]Chewie take the prequel dissenters in the back and plug 'em up to the hyperdrive.[/Han] :p

7. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Maybe I am wrong here, but I was under the impression that Lucas hired Salvatore specifically to kill of a character. And when Salvatore refused to pick one, then Lucas picked Chewie. Do I have something mixed up.

Dead or not in the books, I for one will be happy to see Chewie again. Now if we could only see Leia in a metal bikini again. *sigh!*

8. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

However true that might be....Salvatore had chewie go out with a bang....it's one of the few main character death scenes in literature that i wasnt thoroughly pissed afterwards....

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

"Maybe I am wrong here, but I was under the impression that Lucas hired Salvatore specifically to kill of a character. And when Salvatore refused to pick one, then Lucas picked Chewie. Do I have something mixed up."

I doubt it. Lucas doesn't tell EU authors what they write about, he just tells them what they can't write about ;) .

The books are a nice little side thing for me. I don't loathe them or praise them. I just enjoy them as a side, if they seemingly contradict with the movies I don't get my lightsaber in a knot, it's just a book. The movies get precedent for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.