1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stingy Guardian

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Shrikant, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] When you kill Chakopec, the Guardian of the Chult crossroads, every member of your party is supposed to get:
    +5 resistance to Acid damage
    +12 HP

This hasn't really worked out in my current game.
    All the charecters except the guy who really killed the damn lizard got these bonuses.
    Even my decoy who got whacked trying to keep the dragons' attention did.
    But the barbarian, who now carries the tag of 'Chakopec the Guardian' as his toughest foe killed, remained devoid of these benefits.

Is this natural, or did my game somehow messup?

2. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think you'r game is messedup, it happens. By the way how exactly do you kill Chakopec. No really, because he seems to be immune or resists evrything I throw at him(magical or not).

3. Gerrymander Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I remember running into the same problem. I'm not sure what causes it, but from what I gleaned it seems that if any party member happens to be confused (due to the Guardian's aura) at the time of the Guardian's death, he/she will not receive the benefits. Either casts some mind-shielding bluffs or calm whoever's still panicked when the Guardian is at near death.

Bluff up your fighters and hack him to pieces :p

4. Shrikant

Wanted to confirm that this was just a bug. I have given him the bonuses using DaleKeeper anyway.
    This is the Dale, not Atkathla. You dont really need fancy magics. Pick up a good sword and hack your enemies to pieces. ;)

I distracted him with as much summons as possible and my high AC DG, while my buffed Barbarian /Battlegaurd whacked him as hard as possible. I used as many +4/+5 weapons as possible.

Use spells such as Bane, Doom, Recitation, Malison to reduce his saving throws. If possible, give your high melee damage guy spells such as Executioner's Eyes.

5. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay I'll try it, what can I lose?

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Easiest way too get rid of the guardian is to keep hitting him with the disintergrate spell.

By the way, what happend to all of us who used the Black Isle Studios website?? anyone still around??

7. Shrikant

With the saves that Chakopec has, he would have to roll a 1 to be affected by spells. Which is why you need to cast anything that will reduce his saving throws, before anything else. You might as well try Chromatic Orb. Who knows, he might be stunned long enough for you to hack him up.

If you dont want to get hurt, have one guy feed him as many summons as possible (use the wand of the dead). Everyone else uses whatever +4/+5 ranged weapons/missiles available.

8. Gerrymander Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Come to think of it, I think disintegrate really does work. I know the Guardian has insane saves but for some reason disentegrate just gets past more often than any other spell. Although I still prefer to duke it out :cool:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, I have found that having your toughest tank whack the dragon to be the surest path to victory. Everyone else just provides summons and buffs but otherwise stays the heck out of the way.

This is one good reason to make sure you have at least one pure tank in your party - a guy with great strength, stacks of HP, and a big weapon that will actually do some damage on the rare occasions you manage to hit.

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    trust me, disintergrate will get through 9/10 times. i use it everytime. It's one of those weird things...it shouldn't work but it does.

I've also noticed that if you stand on the platform with the portal then he doesn't hit you as much. If you don't want to risk losing a party member then stand up there, protect everyone from acid attacks and hit him with summons and disintergrate. Never fails!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.