1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stonefire Axe

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by CUE, Jun 12, 2002.

1. CUE Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Everything says that the stonefire axe can be bought from Bernard in the Copper Coronet, but it doesn't show up for me. Must some event occur for him to offer it?

2. C'Jakob Guest

Free Hendak.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Clues:
    - release the gladiators in the back of Copper Coronet
    - squish the slavers in Slums

4. Ex, I never had to kill of the Slavers, only the ones in the Cornet. and free the Gladiators, and Hendak

5. Achilles Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] There is also another option if you are playing as an evil character.

<Slight spoiler ahead>

When Hendak starts grovelling to be freed, refuse to help him and inform him how much it amuses you to watch a grown man beg :shake:. Once you've had your fill of taunting him behind bars, go and inform his rightful owner that he is a troublemaker :evil:. He will be thankful for the information, and will ask you to kill the little worm (for a suitable reward, of course) before he causes too much trouble amongst the other slaves. Go and dispose of him, then collect your reward. You will now have priveleged status at the Copper Coronet, enjoying a discount from Bernard and access to items that regular customers don't get (like the Stonefire Axe).

Oh, and by the way, since this is my first post on these boards: Hello everyone!

6. ivanatora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Why do you need Stonefire Axe? +1 fire dmg?
    Better get Flail of Ages..

7. Confirmer9 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

WHY would you want the Stonefire battle axe?!

#1 Korgan has grand mastery with axes, so if he's in your party I'd think he'd want this axe. Or if your main char uses axes.

#2 It's a +3 weapon and adds +2 points of fire damage. Ha, take THAT you stone skinned Mage!

8. C'Jakob Guest

Ivanatora, probably because someone wants a an axe for a weapon because he/she's got profiencies in that, not a flail.

9. zaknafein Guest

cool, I never knew that there was an evil option with this quest. And hello Achilles

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont really want to post anything that has already been said but I feel that I must do it. Me neither have never heard about the evil option on the slavers quest, and I have played as evil quite a few times and taken evil options. Which for the most parts arent as profitable as the good ones. This seems to be the only one that is a plausible way for an evil char to take. Do you get the tuigan bow too?

11. Achilles Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Hmm... After I killed Hendak, the beastmaster was nowhere to be found, so out of luck with the tuigan bow. Maybe if you kill the beastmaster first? Unfortunately I don't have a saved game handy to try it.

Achilles

12. MoonMeister Gems: 1/31

Achilles,

In response to your first post,

Wow, thanks for the tip, I will have to try that out! Will the discount from Bernard be more than if I had freed the slave who reclaims the Copper Coronet instead?

13. Achilles Gems: 1/31

I think the discount is the same. The only noticable difference is that the new dialog option will read "Since Lehtinan promised me a discount..." instead of "Since Hendak promised me a discount..." when talking to Bernard.

Also, I can now confirm that you CAN get the tuigan bow while playing the evil alternative. But you must kill the beastmaster before you rat out Hendak to Lehtinan, since once you do that Lehtinan gives you the beastmaster key and the beastmaster disappears, along with his pet jaguar. I tested this out with my new solo evil assassin game (which is quite challenging but a lot of fun :cool:).

Oh, and regarding the Stonefire axe: it is a definite must-have (along with the Frostreaver) if you have Korgan in your party, or you like role-playing an axe-wielding character. The Flail of Ages is better utilized by a cleric if you have one in your party, IMHO.

14. Cog Primius Guest

another reason that we have need of the axe is that you will need it in nalias keep against all the trolls in there
    and you dont have any flail of ages there dont you (unless you are cheating :D)

15. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmm.. I never need to take anything to nalia's keep. This game it was one of the first quests I did. I gave my main character who has no proficiencies in longbow a longbow to finish off the trolls with the fire arrows you get. Even though he doesn't hit much with that bow, finishing them off is not a problem at all.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Stonefire Axe
    THAC0 +3 bonus, damage 1d8+3, +2 points of fire damage. Requires 10 Strength.

Flail of Ages +3
    THAC0 +3 bonus, damage 1d6+4, +1 acid, cold and fire damage, chance of slowing opponent. Requires 13 strength

Come to your own conclusions, I just like flails and haven't really used axes

17. I have never used axes but i think i'll start.But I still prefer the flail of ages+3.

18. badge9781 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

love the axes the frost reaver and the andrudge or not that bad

19. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] There is another was to get that bow, I cant remember at the moment its a reward for doing somthing the evil way, I think the idea the developers had was if you are consistantly evil you will still get all the stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.