1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange monsters in Watcher's Keep

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dibermann, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Dibermann Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was making my way to the lair of the Imprisoned One,in the Watcher's Keep. I put the Wisdom Key in its proper place and just when I was waiting for some boring demons to appear, five guys I've never heard about were summoned. There were four pretty good fighters (19 STR) with spellcasting abilities and a powerfull mage capable of Time Stop. What are these guys? Ferrumach Rilmanis and Aurumach Rilmani? Does somebody know anything about them or what they are? I think it's their only appearance in the entire game...

2. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

They're one group of guardians of the seal. They've shown up each time I've been to that point so they're not random encounters or anything like that.

3. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I always thought that they were all clerics, or fighter/clerics, but the one seems to be a fighter/mage. Inside his TImeStop he went on to cast a couple Cons Of Colds and gave me a bad spanking with his staff... overall, of course they are quite easy compared to the final seal.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Welcome to the Boards! I'm not overly fond of any of the creatures that show up on the 5th level, but I do think the Rilmanis are cool. I made up a story in my head about how they were a family of adventurers who somehow annoyed old Helm, and so he stuffed them into the keep to defend the seal for all eternity. But that's all just my imagination -- I've never heard of them before in any FR novels or anyting like that.

5. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think all the enemies you face in Watcher's Keep are imprisoned there by Helm (Demogorgon just being the biggest and baddest of them).

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I had to reload twice becouse of those guys :mad: :mad:

That fighter/mage really annoyed me. Having on insane difficulty and getting cone of cold on your head all the time doesnt bode well.
    Really annoying :)

7. The_Darkness Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i think that the fighters are from other plane like all the demons in the upper levels....

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Honestly never gave much thought to it. I definitely think that Depaara's thought is plausible. Maybe we were intended to debate this kind of thing. There's a few other spots in the game that leave one wondering.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.