1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange Sarevok occurence...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Well, I asked many BG players. They said this thing never happened.
    ------------
    Well, I'm at finishing all the Bhaal's heritage. Killing the man/dragon. Forgo his name.
    I am at Drakonis.
    Quick Save at Hard.
    Drakonis fu*k me up.
    Again. He do it again.
    And again.
    Last quickload, I am pissed off.
    Strangely Sarevok mutters something.
    He walks , muttering somethin, Drakonis don't do a thing.
    Sarevok makes Deathbringer Assault and BAM! - Drakonis is pieces.
    ------------
    How on earth happened this. Sarevok is the best fighter - but this... I didn't expected such a thing...

2. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

never had a deathbringer assault before? happens rarely and randomly. I've never had any real benefit from it.
    Or is it just that it seems unrealistic/ unbeliviable that he died that easily?

3. Aggril Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What, exactly, did Sarevok say? Party characters do have comments on the scenery and such every now and again, that could be it. I'm running a party through the Ascension mod right now, and Sarevok seems always to be the first to comment when we stroll into a dungeon "There is power to be found in places such as this..."

As for the Deathbringer Assault, yeah its pretty cool when it happens (I think its only 5% of the time), though nearly all bosses are immune. Draconis, though a pretty tough character, is not considered a 'Boss' and thus is vulnerable to it. Just a lucky break for you, eh?

4. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

The Deathbringer Assault is one hell of attack!But the time just like stopped. I can't remember what Sarevok muttered, but the time stopped for an instant. Sarevok walked towards Drakonis and squash! - Drakonis est fini...

As for Netherlord's question - yeah, it was quite easily.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sounds like a bug with the Acension Sarevok script.

I never knew Draconis was vulnerable to Deathbringer. Looks like that's another bug getting fixed.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Does Deathrbinger ignore stoneskin then? Every time I've fought Draconis, he's had his stoneskin in place before I've even managed to approach him.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] lol, I never get a Deathbringer assault when I get Sarevok. So I call him Sarah now, just in case I've called him that before.

Bus afaik Deathbringer Assault shouldn't work on Draconis. But I *think* it ignores most magical protections, I'm not sure.

8. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

The strange in the topic is that I made this before my Ascension pass-through... I had Deathbringer Assault sometimes. But the weirdest is that it occured just like that: like a time stop, Sarevok walks ahead muttering somethin, hitting "poor" Drakonis and kills him with Deathbringer Assault.

9. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member Veteran

I don't know if this answers your question, but I have found a way to give the 'Deathbringer Assault' to any character, and in the amount of times I have seen it happen(with Sarevok and other characters) all I have heard is a gutteral, evil-type laugh.

10. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The battle against Draconis is one of the hardest challenge of ToB. It took me much time to create a good tactic with my high-level Sorcerer.

Interesting.. Deathbringer Assault has a chance of 3% (stun has 10%), and the Assault happened relatively often to me, usually when it was not expected at all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.