1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck At Watcher's Keep

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mauwakee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Mauwakee Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hello, I am stuck at Watcher Keep. I am on the second level. I found clues on how to get rid of the demon but do I have to get him into one of the rooms to finish him. For example when he is in the winged beast form, do I have to get him into the ice room? When he was in ice form I summon about 3-fire elemental plus all my attacks but I barely hurt him. HELPPPPPPP.

[ August 09, 2002, 20:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes, he's pretty tough. The key is to throw everything you have at him that is tailored to the form he is in at the time. For example, fire-elementals, fireballs, arrows of fire, burning hands, that flaming sword (Sword of Avungdal?)etc, when he is in the ice form. When he changes, have specific things ready to nail him.

You don't have to get him into one of the rooms -- in fact, I think you can't do that.

3. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mauwakee, Watcher's Keep is Throne of Baal material, you shoud post any question regarding it in the Throne of Baal forum.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Try special weapons like: firetooth crossbow with lightning bolts (fire + electricity), gesen's bow with acid arrows (acid + electricity), firetooth dagger, flail of the ages (best melee weapon against him since it has 3 different elements to cause damage etc. Be imaginative ;)

Worked fine for me btw ;)

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Hmm, I found that just pounding on him worked pretty well. I never needed to take advantage of weaknesses. I summoned some creatures (+planetar), and just hit him as fast as I could. It took a while, but he fell just the same.

You can discover what all his weaknesses are by reading the various lab notes (you had to read these to solve the puzzles, after all).

Don't worry about luring him anywhere. I don't think he can fit through the doors either way.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree: Just whacking him would be fine.
    And I didnt care for its weaknesses, either.

But if you want to do some extra damage, use your mage with the right spells at the right moment. And get yerself some nice weapons, as Ragusa told you allready. So when you see this poison-monster, use Boroks Fist or other weapons with electical damage etc.

(Mmh, I didn't add anything, did I? Just a waste of words in an other post) ;)

7. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had very little problem with this demon. I did Watcher's Keep in Chapter 6 os SoA too so I didn't have any high level mage spells.

When he's in Air form chain lightning is good as well as acid arrow. When he's in ice form fire arrow (nice damage at higher levels) and (delayed) fireball. When he's in fire form Ice Storm and Cone of Cold. I can't even remember his other form... he probably didn't get that far. The Cleric spell Bolt of Glory is good too.

It must be noted though I had Edwin, Jan and my PC was a cleric dualled to a mage too so I could hit him quite fast (Edwin had Robe of Vecna as well).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.