1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in the Unseeing eye quest, because of a buggy bridge

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by lars, Oct 20, 2002.

1. lars Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I currently can't progress with the Unseeing eye quest because the Guardian ('operate' on the cracks in the ceiling) doesn't want to talk to me anymore, I can try to initiate dialog, but nothing happens.

I've let this be for a while and did other quests, hoping that it might be a caching error, or would get resolved in another chapter, but it doesn't seem like it. I also can't get into CLUA for some reason, perhaps the key-sequence is different for the Mac client, I don't know. ShadowKeeper doesn't really run very well, and operating on a samba mounted share didn't do it either, alas.

So, I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this problem, or might know how to get to CLUA for the Mac port, know a failsafe way to edit this information externally, or anything else.

TIA,

Lars

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

To get the CLUA Console you need to find the Baldur.ini file in your BG2 folder (don't know where on Mac's im afraid), and under Program Options or something similar, put Cheats=1 in there.

IIRC that is...

I can't help you with the Unseeing Eye though, sorry.

3. lars Gems: 1/31

Perhaps I should have mentioned putting \nDebug Mode=1\n under [Program Options], but pressing ctrl-space (or command, meta or something else instead of ctrl) doesn't actually do something for me

4. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] How many times did you talk to the spirit?

Perhaps it isn't a flaw, but by design. When I did the Unseeing Eye quest, I one of the things that came to mind was racking up quite a few experience points by just fighting a "punishment" creature again and again and again.

I abandoned the idea since it would have been rather cheap.

However, could something have been put into the game to prevent this?

[ October 22, 2002, 06:46: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

5. lars Gems: 1/31

Aye, that might be it, but I didn't do it for xp, but to find out what the Guardian said about every choice, it has something nice to say about everyone.

I guess I should have immediately jumped back to the savegame before I did all that when I found out it wouldn't talk anymore, but instead I went of to do other things with the borken game, hoping it would go away, and now I've done so much it would be a waste to just go back, sigh. I'll keep poking at it for a while, and if nothing comes up just skip this quest and anything that might depend on it for this game.

6. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] If you get Baldur's Gate into cheat mode, there is a command you can enter that will warp a party member's location on the map. If need be, you can just warp your party across.

I'm not quite sure how to do it for the Mac version, but there is probably instructions somewhere on the Internet.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If you do decide to warp across the bridge...watch out for the beholders waiting on the other side!!! :rolling:

8. uAlien Gems: 1/31

1. Make sure Debug Mode=1
    AND Cheats=1 are somewhere
    in your baldur.ini. file.

2. In game, hit ESC several times, and THEN hit
    Ctrl+Space (Ctrl+Tab?) to access the console.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.