1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Stuff

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by 8people, Apr 21, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Has anyone ever done anything then realised they were doing the wrong thing?

eg. waithing for a romance dialog then realising the games been puased for about three hours (happened to a friend)

I was just wondering as it is easy to do:lol:
    any funny stories?

2. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Umm...people pause the game for hours all the time to wait for romance dialogues. A great many of them work on real-time counters IIRC.

Not quite an answer to your question, not really "stupid stuff" either, more like "silly stuff," but recently I started trying to understand what all those screaming townsfolk were on about. One guy in trademeet yelled, "I've always been suspicious of clean-shaven men."

Cracked me up..

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A friend cracked up on me when he saw a spelling mistake on SoA, when Bhodi appears first she says
    "Hello, I am Bhodi" but his computer put up
    "Hello, I ma Bhogi" he still can't get over it, personally I think he rigged it

4. bocam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Most of the really stupid stuff i do, apart from the wonder why no-one moves, and then realising the game's paused, is saving at the most stupid moment. IE just after a character has died and lost their belongings, then have to go to the auto save and start fresh. Thank god for autosave

5. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] this was a serious bug i found, and i dont know WHAT it was caused by, but in one of the irenicus/imoen dreams (the one where theres a whole lot of petrified people and he un-petrifies the lady in the dress), after he kills the lady, time went on but nothin happened. jon just stood there in his karate position and my pc just went on doing his big stretch movement. it was just wierd.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

How about getting pissed off at your characters because they won't follow your commands...and realizing you're trying to select a NPC...:rolleyes:
    Another good one is detecting a trap and then walking straight through it...I swear it only happened once...:hahaerr:

7. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Let me see after finding out that if i alt-tab the game, it will flicker all the time, i still do it aleast everytime i play the game.

waiting for my characters to move while the game is paused

selling an item that i needed

using up all the charges on my wand of ressurcetion when playing the game without a cleric

ohh i have doen many stupid things

8. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

This must be my favourite stupid tactic because I do it over and over and over again.

My thief prepares for a backstab. :happy:
    He hides in shadows and readies his weapon. :almostmad:
    He sneaks toward the enemy. :evil:
    At first sight of the enemy the thief leaps out of shadows and charges head-on :aaa: only to get the snot beaten out of him.

I've left the bl**dy AI turned on. :wail:

9. Gonarch Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The sillyest(spelling??) thing happened to me was when Aerie maked a comment on how Jaheira's hair was shining in the sun when we where fighting firkaag WE WHERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRAGONS CAVE!! :flaming: :hmmm: :) :D

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I like Imoen saying that she now remembers why she liked traveling with my main char so much. Usually that happenens when both are slaughtering a horde of enemies ... :eek::1eye:

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] The dumbest thing I've ever done is sold a MAJOR quest item...then saved over it...then realized what I had done, then on top of it all...not having enough money to buy it back!!!! :rolling:

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You can sell quest items? I don't think I ever attempted to sell a quest item, but IIRC stores wouldn't offer anything for them...

13. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

...or Aerie asking me to "make a woman of her" on a pile orc corpses in Firkraag's dungeon...so romantic...

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

How aboud this one: I was sent out to kill somebody and, when I came back to say i had done it, I could only say that I had not done it yet so I went back and found out I killed the wrong one! But here it comes I killed another one.. and was wrong again! (This could also have been in BG1)

15. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The time I hadnt saved for ages(like 3 hrs) and then I accidently attacked Firkraag with a party of a mage, Aerie and Yoshimo. Man i was annoyed.

16. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Lucky for you Firkraag's dungeon is an autosave area, then.

17. DinoTiggy1 Guest

Thank God/Bioware for Auto-save...

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    How about hitting Quicksave the exact moment a trap springs? That was a loooooooooong planar sphere to redo....

Ara
    (Squak! Squak! Squaaaaak!)

19. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Jaheira casting her only memorized raise dead, then starting to chit-chat with Valygar, interrupting her spell. Can't they just keep their mouths shut? :rolleyes:

20. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Heh, my favorite stupid moment was in the Underdark. For a bit of fun I payed some money to blow up those slaves in the tavern. Imoen then popped up to tell me how this reminded her of the fun travels we used to have. Ah, fond memories of turning people into bloody giblets. :D :evil: :angel:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.