1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupidest sport

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Corr Raven, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Watching the olympics I noticed how there are some really stupid sports today. My list:
    1. figure skating (girly, boring...)
    2. cricket (what's that all about, nobody likes it except for the British)
    3. curling/ equestrian (booooring...)

And I have a high tolerance, I can watch snooker!
    Anyway, what's your opinion on the stupidest sport in the world?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Synchronized Swimming is by far the cheesiest sport out there!!! I mean, swimming together?!?!? WTF?

Curling is strangely interesting to me...It reminds my of horseshoes, so I'm okay with it!

3. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31

Oh, I forgot to mention rhytmic gimnastics. How can anybody find that interesting I'll never know...

4. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

All of the above ring bells.

Also: Dressage. I'm no fan of 3 day eventing, but the Dressage stuff takes the biscuit.

5. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hm, if the sport is girly (What would that mean? Only women partake in it? What a bad lie! ;)) it doesn't make the sport bad, or stupid. I love figure skating, I think it's fulfilled with suspense, it's beautiful and dynamic.

Most people can't stand curling just because they don't understand the tiniest bit of the rules (like me, but I actually watch it to find out what's the catch, heh).

For the stupidest sport, I gladly nominate american football, setting golf as close second. :)

Oh yeah, sync swimming! But set it third on the list.

[This message has been edited by Skedaddle (edited February 21, 2002).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate all sports.
    Ok, not exactly hate. I simply don't give a damn about it. To me, it's boring.
    That's it.

7. Luan Guest

Corr, cricket is pretty popular throughout the world. The basics aren't that hard to understand either.

8. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, tribal head-hunting is pretty stupid, but it's Fun! Anyway the worst sport in my opinion is gotta be fishing. Most people say it is a sport. Then there's cricket, and then theres this sport called pig troting. Its where you grab a pigs tail and run around and try not to get bitten. I slipped and fell. I tell you if my friend wasn't as good throwing rocks as he is, I wouldn't be here today.

9. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

what planet are you on? Cricket is civilisation defined, the fight of good against evil - the ultimate strategy of war, played in only slightly dubious slacks...

Test match special! Cakes! wood on leather! bad light and rain! the true smells of an English Summer.

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited February 22, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited February 25, 2002).]

10. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] kabaddi.

used to be on C4, yes? :sleep:

kabaddi! kabaddi! kabaddi! kabaddi! kabaddi! kabaddi! kabaddi!

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

And curling is really interesting if you just start watching.

12. Sports are soooooooo boooooooring..
    Except skiing.Heehee.

Ezellohar Shark
    (I need a life..Can somebody give me a life?)

13. the god Gems: 13/31

14. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31

About American football... It's actually ok to watch once in a while, but the play stops every 5 seconds so it's not even close to football, hockey, basketball. Why that is popular in USA, and not real football (soccer), I'll never know.

15. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Are you insane? Cricket is one of the stupidest, most pointless exuses for a sport it has ever been my misfortune to catch a glimpse of before a wave of panick and disgust made me change the channel.

I would rather drink out of a septic tank than watch a cricket match in its entirety (they can last for five days and at the end it can still be tied). From my limited experience with the thing, it is mainly a "sport" for upper class twits in dodgy cardigans who are too stupid to do anything else with their time and too rich to get a job.

Cricket epitomises all that is wrong with the class system of UK where double standars, racism, xenophobia and chauvinism are still a large part of everyday life. :mad:

16. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] and they like to keep rubbing their genitals with the ball.

17. Luan Guest

CL, there have only been two tied tests out of all those played, of course the draw is more frequent. A litte pedantic I know. There is one instance of a test being played over 11 days (including a rest day), which was drawn.

The game is hardly an upper class dominated game over in the UK, and the end of the second paragraph just sounds like it's been drawn from a book of random put downs.

[This message has been edited by Luan (edited February 22, 2002).]

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The caber Toss. Buncha fat men in skirts screaming and seeing how far they can throw a tree. ( And most British people hate cricket ACTUALLY!) ;)

19. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I dont like football in America. I do like to curling though! I think it kinda kewl. I wish they would have put it on in the US for the games but they didn't. If they did it was a late night thing at 4 in the morning :p

20. Donovan Bane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm not trying to make enemies here... but how can you guys not like football (American of course). It's a team sport... 11 guys on each side depending on each other to accomplish similar goal. Now I know there's other team sports... but football is like a clash of the titans... gladiators if you will. In fact isn't that what BG and other IE games are all about... working together.

Maybe this comment isn't just about football... all sports (soccer included)not only teach you to work as a team and rely on others but for spectators it's entertainment... just like a movie there's highs and lows and sometimes the under dog comes back at the last second. Like the American gal winning the gold in skating last night... I don't really care for the sport... but it's a great story and when she won she had real honest emotion. As far as football I don't care if my team's winning or losing, I get wrapped up in the emotion happy or sad... or mad as the case may be... if it's not for you don't watch... but I think you guys are missing out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.