1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Suldanessellar summoning Avatar

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gerondin, May 16, 2005.

1. Gerondin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My Adventurers have all three relics which they need to summon the Avatar. However, the items cannot be placed in the "pool" at the altar. The items can only be dropped on the ground.

This has been the case through out the game,e.g., in the room with a chest in the middle and several statues, in the section with Demon Imps, famous persons and caskets, etc.

However, this is the most crucial example, because I cannot enter the Palace and from thence finish the game! Gerondin weeps and so do I!!

Am I doing something incorrectly or is it a glich in the game?

Gerondin and his fellow adventurers wait in the Temple of Rillifane with bated breath and much anticipation for your help.

2. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Have you installed the patch for whatever version you're running?
    Do you have any mods installed?

3. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You should probably patch your game, a problem like this I have never heard from.

4. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

Thanks for your prompt replies. I have not installed patches or mods. I'm not very computer literate and was afraid of messing things up, so I just put up with the problem until I tried to summon the Avatar to move to the end-game. Now it is vital to fix the bug, if possible.

After your suggestions I went to the Bio Ware web site. The patch info on the web site did not address my problem, so I called Bio Ware and was told that the only support person assigned to BG II is off until next week.

I guess my Adventurers just take a holiday until then.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It may be worth installing the patch anyway to prevent further errors and perhaps repair any you have encountered already.

atm I can check but I thought you had to place the items into a statue, not a pool?

With the Imps do you mean in the Sahuagin city?

Damn I want to investigate this :rolling:

6. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

8People

I'm going to wait until I can talk to the BGII support person next week before installing any patches. Unless I can summon the Avatar, it's all over for Shadows of Amn.

When I got stuck I read a couple of walkthroughs. One said a statue another said a "pool," I guess because when you approach the statue, a blue "pool" appears like when there is something to pick up or open and the cursor becomes the little doughnut.

I did mean the Imps in the Sahuagin City.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The official patches are official fixes for the game, and installing them will be the first thing they'll ask you to do. So you might as well save yourself some time and do it now, it might solve your current issue, and it certainly will solve many others besides.

There's nothing to installing the official patches - you simply run the executable you download and it'll do everything on its own. The first thing you should do before playing ANY game is to look if there are any official patches for it out (and in 99% of cases there'll be at least one). The days when you could install the game and play it out of the box without any major issues are, for the large part, long gone.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tal is correct. The first thing I do when I install a game is go look for official patches. I no longer even try to play a game until I install the official patch-if there is one.

9. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the advice. I've downloaded patches for other games. Don't know why I hesitate now. Will mull it over and probably do it tomorrow when I'm a bit more alert.

10. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@8 People
    Threadstarter is probably referring to the Imps who are just in front of the Beholder that's holding Sekolah's Tooth in Shaugain city.

Any bells?

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] yes, I remember it now, I was doubting my memory and couldn't find my book to check on it :(

Good luck with the patch, Gerondin

12. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

and statues he/she is talking about is one in Spellhold.

13. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, I installed the only patch currently available on the Bio Ware website, returned to the Temple in Suldanessellar and still cannot place the relics on the altar to summon the Avatar, so dropped them on the ground again at every possible place in the Temple. Nothing!

Will spreak with support at Bio Ware on Tuesday afternoon. Here's hoping.

'Til then.

14. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There is a sneak path around the gates. I dont have a save of Suldanessalar so I cant point the exact way - but it can be found to the east and runs along the outer fringes north/east of the city, leading to the area in front of the palace. Sort of like a back entrance.

Perhaps this will help you out.

15. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the response. I was excited. Oh boy! Opened a saved game and took the winding path to the East. It did indeed come to the entrance to the Palace. Alas, it is the same entrance that you come to after passing through the main gate.

Unfortunately, been there, done that. Locked. Message: "Only the power of a god can open this door... Them [sic] Temple may have the answer."

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You could turn into the Slayer (F12 for special abilities)

That would get you past that gate.

17. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sorry for getting your hopes up in vain. I assumed the problem lay with the main gates.

18. Gerondin Gems: 1/31

Getting past the gate is not the problem. It's getting into the Palace. I had already tried turning into the Slayer just in case that might work. No go.

19. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just to make sure you have the mechanics right... Ideally, you just use your character to loot the chest or "pool". The contents of the chest and your inventory should be visible. Then clicking on the items in your inventory moves them into the chest. If that doesn't work, it's definitely a bug.

Don't laugh; it took me a while to figure out how to put the dog stew on the "ground" in De'Arnise Keep. :heh:

20. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hahahahaha

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.