1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Summoning the Avatar: the sequel

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gerondin, May 28, 2005.

1. Gerondin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:banana:

Gerondin feels like an idiot. Is he the only D&D player in all the worlds who didn't know how to put things in a chest, in the arms of a stautue, on the Altar of Relifane, etc.?

Blog was right. When I spoke with a BioWare support person, we decided that my problem was something "mechical," as I thought it might have been in my intial post, if it wasn't a bug in the game.

No where did I read or see a game dialogue message instructing about how to place things in a chest, etc. Since I keep all the items I am going to sell, place on the ground, give to another player, etc. in the far RIGHT of my inventory, it never dawned on me that I should place the items I was supposed to place on the Altar in the far LEFT of the inventory then click on them to place them on the empty "table" that appeared on the Farthest LEFT of the scene.

I did this and EUREKA!! The Avatar appeared, opened the door to the Palace, etc. Gerondin and crew freed the Queen, killed Irenicus (no sweat) and are now all happily together in Hell.

It seems like a strange place to boogy; but, it feels like party time after all the aggravation Geronding went through to get there.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Heh, I'm glad you got it worked out.

3. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yea, I did something very similar. I just installed the game 'Planescape: Torment'. I got the key to the exit door but nothing I did would open the friggin door. I thought to myself, how hard can this user interface be if I cannot even open the first door. So I posted a message here at SP for help. It turns out that doors just open automatically when you have the key, just like I thought they would. I was just trying to open the door to downstairs that I did not have a key for. The real exit door was lower down off the screen.

Sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't ;)

PS: Of course I am still waitng for my "sometimes you don't" period :(

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hehe... simple advice usually does the trick. And I even warned people not to scoff at it either. ;)

Anyways, good to see the problem solved.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah yes, the good ol' head-slapping moments. I've done it so many times I have a big dent in my forehead. :D

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I can't believe this. :shake: Sticky the thread Tal.
    :lol: Party in Hell ! ! !

7. Gerondin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:whoa:

After all the really tough monsters and bag guys we had to wipe out and all the quests we accomplished, I was quite surprised and also disappointed that the End Game was so easy.

:roll:

On the one hand, we had killed Irenicus a second time (the last time ??). And, it WAS comparitively easy.

A time for "whee!" and "hip hip hurrah"!!

:sosad:

But, as always when I finish a good game that has kept me engaged and engrossed for a long time, I am sad and don't want to say good bye.

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

:roll:

But, now I install ToB!! Talk to you later in that Forum.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.