1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tal and TheBlackTalon

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey Sorcerer, since you closed TheBlackTalon's post, I thought I'd ask here:

So what did you say to him to get such an explosive reply? Boy did HE sound pissed! :) I got a good laugh out of it!

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I think I missed this, spread the joy, willya Blackthorne?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Here ya go. So's that to show you all I'm never hiding anything and that I can be very reasonable - except when dealing with retards such as you-know-who.

Yours truly:
    Hello.

I obviously haven't made myself clear the last three times. If I ever see
    you advertising your boards on our boards again, I'll ban you off the
    server. I've had just about enough of you.
    If you can't follow the rules then I guess I'll have to take stronger
    measures.

Regards
    Sorcerer
    founder and webmaster of Sorcerer's Place http://www.sorcerers.net

Talon:
    Seems that you never warned me at all. And if you did I don’t remember. I was even told by one of your mods could have been you after one of my posts was edited to go ahead and put my url back. I don’t understand what your problem is. I am not disrupting the board I am not flaming anyone at all. I have offered space on my boards for your banner and you have just about had enough with me. Hmmm…Well tell you what you do then you ban me if you want hey its your board. But don’t send me an email telling me you have had just about enough of me. I haven’t done a damn thing to you nor have I pissed anyone off on your boards except maybe you. Why don’t you tell me what your so worried about that I will take your members well that’s not what I am about. I am only trying to start a community of my own. I only offer another place to hang. I have been to a load of boards and you are the only one *****ing up a storm what’s your problem.

Bruce R Crosby Jr.

Yours truly:
    Yes.
    It was me. I've told you can post your url there. ONCE. You've posted it in two other topics AGAIN yesterday.
    I don't need you redirecting any traffic from my boards to yours. Fine, you can let people know once. You did it in the most heavily trafficed board. Everyone has seen it. If anyone had any desire to go there, they did. If not, they didn't.

Now cut it out before I either have to ban you or the sheer mention of your boards. You're more than welcome to post anything about the game that isn't a lame ad for yourself if you so desire. If not, don't bother.

And you are disrupting the boards with your constant nagging and drawing attention to you. I don't like it. Tough luck. Go find another place to spam your url.
    And if you've been to a bunch of other boards, stay there then and don't piss me off. Unfortunately for you, I actually care about what is posted on my boards and moderate them as well unlike some other boards around.

P.S.
    The mail was sent as a final warning. Take it or disregard it, it's up to you.

Regards
    Sorcerer
    founder and webmaster of Sorcerer's Place http://www.sorcerers.net

Talon:
    "Shove it up your ass!
    How’s that for pissing you off!
    Ban me if you can ok dick!
    You’re a little ***** boy on an ego trip!
    Tell you what I am going to do send a few friends on over to spam up your boards ok. I tried to be nice about it but since you think your big and bad **** You!"

Yours truly:
    -No reply. My time is too valuable for this sort of nonsense.

But don't think that stopped him. I just checked my mail again and see what was lurking there...

Talon:
    See I saw what you did at your board! And that was lame and uncalled for further it was you who emailed me with total hostility 2nd I offered to put your banner on my front page now my site is new but I get an average of 900 hits a day which I can prove you wanna turn away free advertising that’s fine. So if you think I was being an ******* by posting my url your wrong. Never have I ever received an email tell me not to piss someone off I mean really who the hell do you think you are. Of course you don’t show the emails you sent to me in your post on your board because that’s where all this hostility is coming from you have a lot of nerve I tell you. You take a private conversation between you and me and make it public why don’t you post the whole conversation then. I will tell you why because your wrong with the whole approach you took towards this. And the people on your own board will tell you so! I think you are on an ego trip or why else would you do that to prove what your mighty. Please child you have no idea what mighty is and its certainly not some message board on the Internet. Keep your little insignificant little message board your people skills are for ****. Just remember next time somebody comes around and post his url you might try to handle it totally different. Had you sent me a polite piece of mail I wouldn’t have come back but!! no you send this is your last warning! I don’t listen to this is your last warning and can get just as nasty as the next guy. Oh Ya and your first mail was total horse **** as well you warned me 3 times you didn’t warn me once you edited my post with not a word but that’s your idea of good moderation right. Well what ever I think you’re an *******. And I am sure the feeling is mutual.
    -----------------------------

Oh, definitely. But at least on my side it's justifiable. What does everyone else here think? I'd like to hear your opinions.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 29, 2000).]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] You go Taluntain!

I gotta agree with your arguments, I would feel the same way.

However, couldn't Talon just enter the board again under another name?

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

LOL. He's complaining he was never warned?

Well, if he took the time to actually read the message board for the replies to his posts then he would have seen them!

I guess that's what you get when you just come on and all 7 posts happen to be advertisements rather than helpful posts.

Ah well.

IP Banning is supported in UBB. Don't like someone, view the post log, get the IP number and that's that. No more posting from that specific IP address.

This could have easily been avoided if he simply posted in the Whatnots Forum. Ah well. No loss really and you save on server space for the advertisements he just posts, which is all he does everywhere anyhow. On all the ALFA boards, on the other CRPG message boards. Heck, BGDungeon is plastered with about 2-3 per forum and nothing helpful at all. Plug after plug.

Advertisements are fine and I'm all for anyone starting up their own place because it's a lot of hard work and dedication and you feel good about it. But after awhile, the second and third message posted with no other posts helping users on other forums or on other message boards, when I read the post again yesterday "101 users!" I had enough of it.

It's like getting spam mail in your e-mail box. People don't want shit delivered to their front door and most of all, people don't want shit period.

I don't like to take sides or pick people out single handedly, but I'm glad he's gone.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited November 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited November 29, 2000).]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well I removed the posting rights from his nickname and banned the IP he posted from. Of course, he could always try to register from somewhere else and come back making trouble, but it wouldn't last long.
    It only takes me a few minutes to weed out everything he posts and ban the next IP.

Ah well, I guess this had to happen sooner or later. In fact, I think I can be proud that we have almost 800 registered members and that this is the first time I had to resort to such strict measures.
    Of course if I want to keep it that way, I have to act on it before it becomes a habit.

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I agree with you Taluntain.

I understand this guy about creating a community or crap like this. But he dont want to participate in this community.

To be honest, i'm sure tthat this guy dont care at all about this community. He's just jealous because here, there's a lot of interesting people and in his board, it's liek a ghost town. Nobody. Nothing interesting.

Ban this guy. We dont need idiot like him. He should stay in his website, website that is surely a monument to stupidity.

Sorry, I should not say that, but that kind of behavior from other pisses me off. It's only show a lack of respect for others. And I cant smell that.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Sorcerer, if you want, we could trace route his current IP to his internet provider and get their DNS #s and ban those too. This way if he's not on a static IP (dial-up for instance) we can ban his entire provider and host. LOL :)

Syl...

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] LOL! That's really good stuff! I'm completely on your side on this one; your replies were not rude or vulgar, simply no-nonsense. I think he overreacted severely; and I can't understand why if you're the only one who's given him trouble, and he's got so much traffic as he says... <shrug>

Thanks, Sorcerer I appreciate you being upfront about the whole sordid mess! ;)

10. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Also,

with his IP #, you can trace to his internet provider. Then, after tracing the provider, you could call the provider, offer amount of money to the customer clerk to have his adress. Then you could go at his home and kill him during his sleep.

LOL.

(just joking, i'm not a insane maniac.)

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Syl:
    Yes, but then again we might wind up banning someone else here on the same ISP who had nothing to do with it.
    I'll wait and see. If he won't be a problem anymore I'll let it end at this. If not, we can always take other steps to ensure he does.

Thanks to everyone for your support here! I knew it was the right thing to do, but I wanted to disclose all the details here before some rumours and lies started appearing you-know-where.
    This way, it's all black and white. The whole correspondance is here, up for judgment by anyone.

P.S.
    Logging off for a while now. I've got a walkthrough to spell-check. ;)
    It'll go online soon Syl.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 29, 2000).]

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Taluntain KICKS ASS!! I remember the days when i used to be a chatroom host! Haha! Used to kick em out for 24 hours!

13. Sol'Kanar Guest

[​IMG] For the record, I do also think Taluntain kicks ass. (pardon the language) I think you handled it in a mature way, unlike himself, who took to petty isults, which is often a sign of ignorance or weakness. Anyway, bakc on topic your message to him was polite, but firm and he exploded. I must say it was rather funny to read though. He says you were the only one bitching up a storm. Many times I wanted to post something nasty on his advertisements but knew it was but a waste of my time.

P.S. I went to his site to check out his board. I'd think I'll stick to this one. I don't know why he'd think you would be worried about the likes of him stealing your users.

[This message has been edited by Sol'Kanar (edited November 30, 2000).]

14. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's ok... I just saw him over on the ALFA Public board spamming his post again but someone asked him politely to do it elsewhere....

Wonder if he'll freak out on them too lol

15. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Taluntain rocks!

I have to say that this site is one of the best site about CRPG available. Up to date, ordered and all. Keep up the good work. And the forums are really, really good. I believe that it is wrong, to misuse a game forum for personal advertisements.

I am kinda new to this site, but I have worked out a posting schedule to get my posts up....

16. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

As long as people participate when they can participate, be it 3 posts, 69 posts or 500+ posts, it's all good. Some readers just register to read and learn and never post at all, but that's fine because they don't cause any headaches by doing it.

I think there should always be a line that you don't cross on a message board forum. It's simple to follow. Post what you have to say in the appropriate forum. You want to advertise your site, post it in the Whatnot forum, or the advertisement forum.

Ah well. It's over so let it be over...that is until the next episode! :)

Syl...

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Lesson learnt: Don't piss Taluntain off.

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

So what is that Talon bloke advertising? Another Baldurs Gate site? Anyways, when i last checked, the sorcerers site is peaking as 2 best baldurs gate site! What can you expect? What with this quality and effort i would say they deserve No.1!!!

19. Taluntain

Media:
    He is pimping his message boards on every corner of the net. (Where he hasn't been kicked off yet, that is).
    No boards of any kind are safe. Except these, with a little help from your friends. :)

20. herf Guest

[​IMG] who exactly would those friends would be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.