1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Taluntain the Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by LKD, Mar 27, 2003.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I've gone to the front page and read Tal's biography, I've done about 10 searches, and I have yet to find any explanation of where his name came from. Now, someone in an earlier thread mentioned that he's already answered this question ad nauseum, so could someone either a) send me the link or b) PM me the document.

And now, a question that no one has claimed to be overasked (though it may well be): Tal, how does a 19 year old student find the TIME or MONEY to run this place? I mean, what are you studying? Are you passing? ;) Inform us on how the #2 manages to pull of his magic.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:rolleyes: Taluntain is aa elvish name that he found in a random name generator. Thats the short version

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Just occured to me , Tal is a sorcerer :) Duh

What would his stats be ? :grin:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 1. I found the name on some site ages ago (not a random generator), and the explanation for it was that it means Enlightened. It fit, so I took it.

2. I'm a 20 year old student (well, 21 in 2 months).

3. On time... Running SP is one of the few toys I always play with. It occupies most of my free time, so there's your answer.

4. I'm studying English & Sociology. I'm passing... sort of. No problems with English, but I have a debt of one sociology exam that's pure memorization of 500 pages which makes me sick just to think of. I'll have to pass that one to get regularly into second year though. I'm working on it... Sort of. It's everpresent in my mind, so I consider that alone as "working on it". :D

Maybe I'll take a more, ah, hands-on approach to it in the near future. For my own sake. Ahem.

5. As for money... Well, all the advertising I'm running on SP doesn't cover even half of the monthly costs of running a dedicated server for SP. (Around $140 that I need to pay every month for the server alone.)

So I largely depend on donations of generous people who are grateful for the services SP provides. Of course, if there aren't any donations, it has to go out of my own pocket. So, if you can, donate at least once. I'll love you for it, and you'll get the prestige of a custom avatar/portrait & title.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Forget that. Not allowed in 3E ;)

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You know, we need a separtae set of Forum Stats... Anyone have ideas on what those six Forum stats could be? :D

(Elrond! Your hands off that lipstick!)

7. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Tal :love: me! When I get myself out of the hole I dug myself, I'll let you love me again :p

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

:yot:

Str = Defined by amount of anger expressing powerwords used.

Dex = Defined by how many debate situations you've managed to slither out of.

Con = Defined by how long you've been able to post in a row, without sleep.

Int = Defined by amount of factual content within the written text.

Wis = Defined by the amount of written text as a whole. Wether less is more or more is less is... well the wise should know.

Cha = Defined by the coolest avatar, the greatest popularity among other sorcerer's members, and -above all- the size of the donation given to Sorcerer's Place.

[ March 28, 2003, 12:38: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] lol - perhaps stats couldbe in player profiles? :lol:

has anyone got the random name generator site handy it may prove useful at this point in time.

I rella should read that bio thing

10. Boo the great Banned

[​IMG] Taluntain, for how long are you running this site.
    It looks difficult to me!
    I just wonder.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.