1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Terror's march backwards

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Amazing Oopah, Sep 20, 2002.

1. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

That's fantastic - well spotted. I'm a big fan of Chris Morris, I hope this whips up the attention on this site that he will have intended it to...

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

That is hilarious :D

4. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] That's actually quite scary... :wail:

5. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I do ever so hope you anti-American folk get some new material. It's getting so boring reading the same baseless criticism.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

There's a few inconsistencies in there.

On the "16th":

The debate was over using convential or nuclear weapons. So "bomb them into the 20th century" involved making the entire area clicking hot for 500 years, which would make it impossible to *live* there, thus displacing them into other cultures, which would force them into the 20th century.

The deal on the "21st":

The Education Secretary Estelle Morris had just read about Trident, and thought it might get rid of half the cavities the Britts develop, so she started a trial basis on the only part of Britt society that is capable of walking and chewing at the same time; Kids.

On the "27th":

The deal with the "special forces" was a litle more complicated. Air Force regulations prohibit a "locked and loaded" weapon, onboard. The Special Forces had a pool going on who could shoot the most Talibanis that were sitting at the approach end of the runway (with Stinger missiles given to them back in the early 80's) of the airfield. I hear they gassed the pilot, had one of their boys lift off, and revived the pilot at 30,000ft over the Atlantic.

On "October 7th":

I'd tell you what the operation was actually called, but it would be offensive, so I'll just be quiet.

More later...

7. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31

Shralp, take it as the humour that it is. I try to do the same when you describe homosexuals as "pervs" on your blog.

[ September 23, 2002, 16:49: Message edited by: The Amazing Oopah ]

8. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

The word I used was "perverts," and it wasn't the least bit humorous.

The Guardian writer in the link was obviously making jokes.

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Thats the problem, Shralp. You werent kidding.

10. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31

I know it wasn't meant as a humour, I just find it hard to imagine how an obviously intelligent man can be such a bigot. I guess I was hoping you were joking. Evidently not.

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

No, it's not a problem. Nor is it bigotry. Bigotry is defined as "stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own." Homosexuality is not a creed, belief, or opinion.

Once again, you disappoint me by resorting to snide personal attacks. Please stop.

You weren't "hoping I was joking." You were bringing up an entirely unrelated (and previously covered) matter in an attempt to show me in a bad light. Again, please stop.

Oh, and SlimShogun, welcome to my ignore list. You even beat Christopher Lee.

[ September 23, 2002, 20:38: Message edited by: Shralp ]

12. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31

Granted, it was unrelated to the topic, and I apologise for that, and only that. If you want to carry this on via PM, feel free.

Back to the topic everyone...

(EDIT - damn keyboard)

[ September 23, 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: The Amazing Oopah ]

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Golly. Carry on being libelled via PM. How can a lad say no?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.