1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Abominable Snowman

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Taluntain, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] How many of you have found him? :D

I haven't seen him mentioned in any of the walkthroughs, so I'm wondering if this is more or less a secret. :1eye:

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I have found no such thing. Then again, I haven't finished the game yet so..

I will look out for it, in which chapter can it be found?

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If it's yeti, I've seen him. :p

I believe it was somewhere around Fell Wood.

[ January 19, 2003, 20:00: Message edited by: Extremist ]

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

This one's new on me.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] ooo

Tell us more :grin:

I may see him in one of my numurous games, but give a hint at least :thumb:

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What?Where?When?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Chapter 3, the map with the barbarian meatball, err, rock puzzle. Anyone?

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh... that. :sleep:

I think I saw him.

I came - I saw - I wacked him with a BIG stick.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I missed him. :(

Did he have any fat loot? ;)

10. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Cold marshes? But I know I went everywhere on that map. How can this be?!
    Come on Tal, tell us the exact position. You will tell, won't you?

11. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Sure. Right after the barbarian rock puzzle (upwards), to the left there is a rock wall that seems unclimbable anywhere... Well, there actually is a path that doesn't look like a path at all, that you can use to climb to the top... Just wave your walk cursor around and see where you can walk on the rocks and you'll soon find it. It will look like you're going *behind* the small mountain protrusion. On top of it, you'll find the Abominable Snowman. Be prepared, he's nearly immune to practically everything.

As for loot, I don't know if it's random or not, but I didn't find anything breathtaking, but still nice. A bow that I could sell for 9k (nothing breathtaking, I had better at that point), but also the Wandering Village armour, which is quite expensive to buy otherwise. There were also a few mundane armours and weapons lying around.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So, may i add this in my faq?
    think about it, Taluntain contributed in my faq. You and me, we can take over the world... muahahahaha :evil:

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Sure, feel free. Btw, fix "tankers" to tanks in your walkthrough. A tanker is a big ship hauling oil. A tank is a heavily armoured character, i.e. like an army tank. ;)

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I found the snowman :)

He has a reasonable spellresistance as well as physical resists, but tossing fireballs and shooting flame arrows with my archer got him down.

As for the drop, I tried three times, and all three times I got the Flamekiller bow. Which sucks, because I was hoping I'd get the armor that dropped for Taluntain. Now I've got a +1 bow. Yay. :)

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sounds interesting, i lost my old game when i formatted the computer, and im up to defeating sherincal, so it should only be about 1 day of playing away.

@Faragorn

I am reasonably sure that any random enchanted items are pre determined at the beginning of the game, so reloading to get a decent wep wouldnt work. I could be wrong, though.

Cheers.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Faragon, I found that bow too... But I think the armour was in the stash that's a bit further along the path where you see the snowman. Use your alt key to find it.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

:doh:

The stash held the armor indeed.

I automatically assumed the snowman held all the loot.

Thanks Tal :thumb:

18. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

I once climbed that cliff but never got that far.
    I am now in Ice Temple(HoF) and I will sure pay a visit to this snowman. Playing HoF, I think I can expect a pretty tough fight, however.

19. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Lower Resist and Fire attacks should do the trick nicely. And seeing how I've got two clerics a mage and a sorcerer, I doubt he'll be very tough for my party in HoF :D

Think Flamestrike, Utiluke's Fire Orb, Summon Fire Elemental, Fireballs, Shroud of Flame, Sunburst... Oh yeah :thumb:

[ January 23, 2003, 09:13: Message edited by: Faragon ]

20. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31

So, he is vulnerable to fire? Hmm, that makes sense.
    BTW, what fire orb?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.