1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best Race and Class in BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dragu&Barud, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Half Elf
    Fighter/Cleric/Mage
    Str-18/???
    Dex-18
    Con-18
    Int-18
    Wis-18
    Cha-3
    Belive it or not i ROLL it!
    You can`t imagine how strong this is!Imagine Chain
    Contingency:Heal/Regeneration/Stone Skin
    Seqencers full of cleric spells...
    And harm with Critical Strike skill(TOB only).

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I admit, this is a pretty good roll, but why would you want to multiclass that much? You do realize by doing so that, more then likely, you probably won't get the really really spiffy High Level Abilities in ToB, cause you have to be level 20 for a fighter, and level 25 for clerics and mages, I think. And if you tell me that you're gonna duel this half elf, then I will be forced to get a pipe and knock some sense into you. Sure, I mean, you could fighter/cleric or fighter/mage or even cleric/mage, but duelling all three is a horrid, horrid waste of time.

My advice? Simple. Me, personally, I'd go with a fighter, simply because I do so love the Equalizer,(It's blue!) but if you must duel, then duel a fighter/mage.

3. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

93 can be rolled,especially if you are a Paladin, though i hate all dual and multiclasses my favorites are
    Human Kensai,(never played but planning to)
    STR MAX
    DEX MAX
    CON MAX
    INT Smt like 10-12
    WIS 13-14
    CHA 10-12 it would be really good it i roll 14-15(or i'll try Ring of Human Influence of course, though i want to use Ring of Protection,Ring of Gaxx or Ring of Earth Control :( )
    Elf Sorcerer,maxed INT,high CON DEX and WIS
    And on my first time i imported my Paladin from BG1,it's STR CHA and CON was 19(thanks to tomes) and i was amazed that i got the choose a kit! the next time i think i will import my fighter from BG1 with 19 STR DEX and CON.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Pure kensai is truly a GOD.
    I have one now lvl26 and he does about 40 damage each hit, wears boots of speed and has 4 1/2 attacks per round.
    Yes his AC is only -4 but all i have to do is cast lvl 2 druid spell Barkskin and his AC is -12 :D . Above all he never misses unless its a critical miss.

a true god :eek:

5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yes, I was glad you could chose a kit when importing a character from BG1. An Undead Hunter makes the Vampire fights as easy as pie. ;)

[ January 29, 2003, 00:57: Message edited by: Aces ]

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Dwarf Beserker. Fun plus fun = fun. Kangaxx goes down fast.

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Elven Archer here. Nice and hefty damage. He cannot miss either(like the Kensai). The dragons falls like orcs:) The only crappy thing is the armor restrictions if you are soloing(I do that all the time)...

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

F/C/M is really powerfull, but I think you should only take this class as a solo so you can gain good levels. (Well, perhaps one or two partymembers) The cleric and mage spells complement eachother perfectly.

Damnit, now you're making me want to play this, resulting in me having to roll a thousand times till I get 93 points :)

9. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Human
    Monk, lvl. 50\

STR-18
    DEX-18
    CON-18
    INT-18
    WIS-18
    CHR-18

Enough said.

10. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Good luck everyone!F/C/M can kill Red Dragon in
    1:1 battle with 9Lv in the 3 classes.Try this with
    others.

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I actually killed the Red Dragon(Firkraag) with a F/M/T, not exactly with the same levels as you did, it's not possibly, but I wasn't that high level...

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Errr Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias, how did you get a level 50 monk with 18 in all stats, without cheating? or was that the point of your post?

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    A good alternative, seemingly much less popular, would be the gnomish mc fighter-illusionist. He'd receive a better save vs. wands and would be able to get exceptional strength and a con of 18, plus an int of 19. Worth consideration I think.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I like Archers. You get the good hitpoints of a Warrior (including the Constitution bonus), the best possible THACO, and you don't have to wade into melee combat all the time -- in fact, your designed to avoid melee combat!

If there were a way to make is so that if you have a cleric along with a Raise Dead or Resurrection spell, when the main character gets killed that spell is automatically cast, that'd be great. I'd be more willing to risk my PC. I mean, if everyone else in the party can be brought back (including Imoen, who is also Bhaalspawn, so none of this "it's the fact you're a Child of Bhaal" stuff) then why not the main character?

15. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Hey, don't forget the swashbuckler. I personally have finished ToB with a human. THAC0 in - area, AC about -15, saving throws also in the negative area. + special abilities (traps, evasion, use any item). You can combine the best items on him and send him forward while the rest of the party makes barbecue. :D

16. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Human Assassin dualled to mage is da bomb. Just cast misslead and haste, and backstab anything you want as many times as you want. Since he is an assassin he has traps aswell, making some battles easy to win if you have a need to be cheesy.

17. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Since I am fan of Fighteresque types in the game, I would choose pure dwarven fighter or Human/Cavalier... :)

Generally who's better - pure Paladin or Cavalier? :confused:

18. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Cavalier without a doubt, you're never gonna use missile weapons with a paladin (I never did) and you get all the cool bonuses for nothing.

19. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

From a "what Irenicus did and who he is" perspective perhaps an elf character would be fun...

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I think the Inquisitor is better than the Cavalier. The dispels + true seeing are very useful cos they take almost no time to cast.

my preference i suppose!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.